Greetings From a Silver State Transplant!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mr P.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Greetings to all of you!

I’m a transplant from Nevada, having moved here a little over a year ago. I live in the Indy area and am anxious to start shooting again, though I will admit, I was a little spoiled in Nevada. Most of the land there is BLM land, so with few exceptions, it’s open camping, shooting, exploring, etc. Things are a bit different here in the Hoosier State, (at least in the Indy area from what little I’ve experienced thus far!). I’d love to find a place to shoot and call home from a firearms/range perspective. I think I’ll try out the Atterbury civilian range before the weather turns too cold!

I’m looking forward to the gun show this upcoming weekend! I’m in the market for a new pocket pistol. So far all of my online research has me zeroing in on the CM9. I’ce created a small spreadsheet of the weapons I’m interested in … hopefully the gun show will allow me to narrow the field or solidify my decision to purchase the CM9.

I’m glad to be counted among the ranks of fellow local/regional weapon owners! I hope to get to know everyone in time.

Regards,
    Paul

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Welcome to INGO.

No BLM land here. End of the free ride/shooting.

Cold weather is great, it is Nature's bleach. It kills bugs, rot and disease.

As for your new gun, remember, the subjective is objective when it comes to guns. Good luck in your search.

Mr P.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Welcome. Where @ in Nevada? I spent the better part of 15 yrs in Vegas. Man, gotta get back for a visit.

Born and raised in Vegas, but moved up to Carson City in 1997. I lived there until I moved to Indiana July 2010.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am surprised at all the Nevada transplants born and raised in Vegas also. Moved away in 92

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

Indiana is a very firearm friendly state when it comes to ownership, but because of it's layout finding a place to shoot isn't easy unless you own some land and have access to a dozer. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom