• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    In another thread on here a member talked about how he used to have a gun shop or work in a gun shop and he had compared WalMart guns to the guns he got in. He said he could clearly see they were of lesser quality.

Does anyone remember this?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i bought my first remington 870 at the walmart on east washington street years ago. use to take it to the range with a buddy every friday and very often every saturday and put a minimum of 100 a shells thru a weekend.... never once had a problem. only problem i had is someone stole that gun.:xmad:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I got my 870 from Kmart in most likely 1982 maybe 1981. At the time they were the MEGA_LOW_MART of the day. It is a great gun, And a wingmaster. Nice wood and deap blue.

Dick's. Big 5, walmart Cabella's, All have the buying power to have special runs made.
    Dicks had 1894 Marlin 45LC special Order last year. It was a unsold overrun, Cabella's and Gander MTN/ are a browning gold dealer and can get some unadvertised/uncataloged Items ones available only to gold dealers. Big five and ruger have a special relationship. I am sure walmart says sell us a pump shotgun at X dollars, a semi 22 for x dollars and we will buy 10,000.

Wards, Sears and Monkey wards along with western auto and Ted Williams (baseball player) had special runs or special items made and marketed.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    It's good to see that more walmarts are getting back into selling guns. And to the old post regarding Walmart guns being second hand, or factory seconds, that's a bunch of BS. Major manufacturers like marlin, Remington, Henry and many more would not put product out that was not 100 percent. Like said above, Walmart just buys so many at once, they get low cost buys, and can sell cheep still making a profit.

duff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Saw the cases going into the Bedford Wally World. Asked the clerk and he was P.O'd that they were getting guns back. He told me the best day of his working career was when they took them away the first time:xmad::dunno:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    It's good to see that more walmarts are getting back into selling guns. And to the old post regarding Walmart guns being second hand, or factory seconds, that's a bunch of BS. Major manufacturers like marlin, Remington, Henry and many more would not put product out that was not 100 percent. Like said above, Walmart just buys so many at once, they get low cost buys, and can sell cheep still making a profit.

This is 100% correct. I was a FFL dealer for 10 years. You just have to learn not to carry the same guns that Walmart carried. Small gun shops would start that rumor about the guns at Walmart be of lesser quality because they were jealous, frustrated, or just trying to steer business away from Walmart.

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    I was in Plainfield Walmart tonight and they are Totally redoing the sporting goods department and making it bigger. I hope that means they are making room for LOTS of new guns !!

J man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Defiance, OH area
    I guess I should go see what our WallyWorld has. I try not to go there to much.

Luckily they are not getting into the hand gun selling so we will always have our local gun shops to go to.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I guess I should go see what our WallyWorld has. I try not to go there to much.

Luckily they are not getting into the hand gun selling so we will always have our local gun shops to go to.

I think this is the wrong attitude. I want wally-worlds to start selling hand guns. They will sell cheap brands, and sell them at low prices. And that will get many guns into the hands of people who might not otherwise have them. I don't think anyone here is going to go into wallmart to buy a new kimber, but I sure would like a closer option if I want to go pick up a cheap .22 target pistol to fool around with...

just my :twocents:

lnholmes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    West Lafayette/Wabash
    Saw that the Walmart in Wabash has started selling long guns again as well. Personally would never buy one, but if you were just getting into guns it wouldn't be a bad place to start. I don't think I saw one over 300.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I stopped by the Greenfield WalMart last night, prices were good, but not better than I've seen in some of our everyday gun stores. I saw a Ruger 10/22 for $248 in WallyWorld but only paid $230 for mine from Bradis about 9 months ago (plus mine was stainless). It's the same as anything else, if you're wanting a good deal it's still better to do some homework before you buy.

Lostdutchman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    Lawrence
    walmart puts out coupons from time to time... I wonder if any of those will ever work... I also wonder what kind of doorbuster deals they will have closer to the holidays.

Top Bottom