• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Highly recommended! I have one for the Glock and might try putting it on the AR when I get it "pimped" next week. Thanks to bigcraig for that idea.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    How does the light compare to a Surefire in terms of how bright it is?

I don't think you will notice a difference if you compare it to the Surefire 200a, well except for the high price Surefire asks.

I run a TLR-1 on my SBR and love the set up. (Be advised, if you plan on using it on a long gun, there is a tape switch back cover assembly, you just have to track one down online. I found mine at Botach, I don't recommend dealing with them.)
    vfglight_001.jpg

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    OK Ive been looking at this... Looks like a good deal. Are weapon lights practical? I have 4 handguns with rails and my VZ-58 has the fab defense railed handgaurd and cooling system installed..... And ordering one of these sounds like a good Idea. But I have no experience with weapon lights. Is a light like this really worth 80$? and why?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    The next comparable weapon light costs $300. The TLR-1 is an extremely well built light, and well worth twice the current selling price.

Any long gun that you plan to use for HD, IMHO, MUST have a weapon light. In fact I also feel that if your HD gun is a handgun, it MUST have a weapon light.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    YAY Just ordered one! Guess Ill have a new toy in a few days. My Rifle has a forgrip so I prolly wont spend all the money on the switch.... but just incase where did you find yours and what would it run me?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Got mine today too.

First order of business was to temporarily blind my wife.:naughty: Then myself.:n00b:

Wow... very nice and great deal.:yesway:

Top Bottom