• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Just tried this one over the weekend and it was excellent, and simple. Even my wife enjoyed it, and she's not a big game eater.

Soak the backstrap in apple cider for about 24 hours in the fridge. Cut the backstrap into 2 inch sections and let soak in BBQ sauce for 2 to 3 hours in the fridge. Allow to come back to room temp. Wrap in thick cut bacon so that the knife cuts are covered by the bacon. Cook on a charcoal grill (gas will work but the charcoal flavor is a huge plus on this one). Watch close so that the bacon drips don't flare up and burn the meat. Use a little water to kill the flare-ups if necessary.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    That sounds fantastic.

I made some loin tips last night. Lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar base, add a touch of curry, heavy on the paprika, fresh garlic, ground pepper to taste. In a bag for 2 hours. Baked in foil with fresh mushrooms and onion. Kind of made it up on the fly but it turned out very tender and tasty!

Yours is the next recipe I'm trying!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Fixed the last of mine two weekends ago. Butterflied about 3/4" thick, seasoned with salt and pepper, when they hit room temp into a hot cast iron skillet around 3 min/side.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Fixed the last of mine two weekends ago. Butterflied about 3/4" thick, seasoned with salt and pepper, when they hit room temp into a hot cast iron skillet around 3 min/side.
    Same here except no more than 2 min/side for me. A good bit of pink is what you want for some fantastic tasting meat... better than a filet mignon...

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    Here is,my go two:

I marinade mine in about
    3 tbs of maple syrup
    3 tbs worchestershire sauce
    3-4 tbs franks

Cut 2 1.5 to 2" steaks
    Open a pocjet ljke younwhere making cnicken cordon blue and sruff with canned spinach, drain the juice out at least most of it, small peices of mozzerela ,i use the sticks cause its easy, and fetta crumbles.

30 min prior to grilling
    Season with:
    black pepper
    White pepper
    Garlic powder
    Onion powder
    Cayenne pepper
    Salt
    And a touch of smoked paprika

I alo pin the filet shut with toothpics and wrap the sides with bacom to keep in the cheese put on the charcoal grill witha few mesquite chips.

Watch out who you feed this to it makes addicts pretty quick

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Sounds good. I may have to give this recipe a try! Thanks OP

I've tried others but seem to always come back to good ole salt and a little butter, medium rare (more rare than medium) and it seems to be my families favorite. We had tenderloins this way just two nights ago.

Top Bottom