• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Unemployment has dropped to 8.3%. It's the 5th straight drop. We're back!:rockwoot:

I guess I've been lied to all these years. Trillions of dollars in deficit spending, intrusive and burdensome government regulations of business, green jobs, reduction in our nation's credit rating, near default, and cronyism IS the secret to turning the economy around.

I'm going to go sit in a nice quiet room and think about this...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Don't forget to thank the long term unemployed who dropped off the list and are no longer counted. :yesway:

Or the Seasonal Adjustment and those "marginally attached to the labor force"

Employment Situation Summary

In January, 2.8 million persons were marginally attached to the labor
    force, essentially unchanged from a year earlier. (The data are not
    seasonally adjusted.) These individuals were not in the labor force,
    wanted and were available for work, and had looked for a job sometime
    in the prior 12 months. They were not counted as unemployed because
    they had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey.
    (See table A-16.)

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Unemployment has dropped to 8.3%. It's the 5th straight drop. We're back!:rockwoot:

I guess I've been lied to all these years. Trillions of dollars in deficit spending, intrusive and burdensome government regulations of business, green jobs, reduction in our nation's credit rating, near default, and cronyism IS the secret to turning the economy around.

You know what I want to see.....

I want every single unemployed American eligible for work stroll into their unemployment offices within the next two weeks and apply, I know that each and everyone that is not eligible would not get benefits, but they be included once again in the unemployed numbers.

This would result in a more accurate number reported, not some adjusted number that is only people who are receiving and who have dropped off the books because they are no longer applying for.

Wait! What?....huh??? You mean we're not back?!?! But the market rallied! :D

HAHAHAHA

The market also rallies when someone who is deemed important farts in the right direction.

Rallies mean nothing, long term continued growth, that means something.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You guys are a wet blanket on obama's reelection campaign! Don't you know if he doesn't get that number down below 8%, he doesn't stand a chance? Everbody's doing the best they can!:D

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    It appears that the unemployment rate in this country is actually at 15.1% according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics

picture.php

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    It appears that the unemployment rate in this country is actually at 15.1% according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics

picture.php

yep .... I read about this the other day, (hard to read that chart so, sorry if this is on it.) but the main contributing factor to the 15% unemployment is, people working part time because they cannot find full time jobs

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008

That's the "seasonally adjusted" unemployment rate. They "adjust" out about 2 million jobless which makes things look much better than they really are.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's the "seasonally adjusted" unemployment rate. They "adjust" out about 2 million jobless which makes things look much better than they really are.

I know. I was doing my Chris Mathews/George Stephenopolous/Racheal Maddow/Ed Shultz/Al Sharpton cheer leader impersonation.

Top Bottom