• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Went out to WW for a little shooting today. I wanted to make sure my 10/22 LTR was ready for an April Appleseed shoot I'm scheduled to attend.

I arrived between 10:30 and 11:00, and there were only three or four other people there. The range officer was sitting in his truck when I arrived. It has been a while since I've been out to WW, and I've never seen this gentleman before. I nodded to him on my way to fill out my pink card. He approached to verify I was filling out the car correctly and advised that I be aware of the other shooters during my stay. Seemed like a nice guy. I know several people have expressed bad experiences with the new ROs, but I'm not one of them.

Within 15 minutes, the place filled up. On the 25 yd range there were three .22 ARs. Two of them were Smith & Wessons: one out for its first run and the other was having a little trouble. Apparently, that one tends to split some casings. The owner indicated that he thought it was shooting without going fully into battery and that he had recently gotten it back from repair service.

All was good until a guy with his wife/girlfriend showed up. The girl shot first. After the first shot, she took two steps back and swung around 180 to talk to the guy. Of course, she pointed her gun right at me when turning around. Of course, it was loaded. I let out a big "WHOA". By the time she looked up at me she had it pointed down and looked at me like "WTF... what's the problem"... I pointed my hand around mimicking her motion with her gun, ending with it pointed down. I think she got the point. A few minutes later, the guys on the other side were talking about how she had her thumb in the wrong spot, and a few seconds later her hand was bleeding.

On the 50 yard range, everybody seemed to know what they were doing. I felt a lot more comfortable getting away from that couple.

The RO was very nice. Folks were shooting however they wanted. We worked out target changes between ourselves. There was some faster (not exactly rapid) fire. All in all a great day (except for getting swept... seems like that happens at least once every time I go there???).

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Are you going to the Cloverdale Appleseed? My brother and I were at the 50yrd line with two bolt action .22s and about 60 orange spots. We will be at Cloverdale April 17-18

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Are you going to the Cloverdale Appleseed? My brother and I were at the 50yrd line with two bolt action .22s and about 60 orange spots. We will be at Cloverdale April 17-18

Nashville.

I shot on your right for a while. If you two were hitting those spots one by one, you should do fine at the appleseed.

Did you see the 8yo trying to learn how to aim on the 25yd range? That was me fussing with my son!!!

Yep. You were doing a good job keeping him in line. Didn't look like he was quite on target just yet, but he seemed to be doing a good job for his age.

Top Bottom