GREAT BARREL THREADING Right here in Indy!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Northside Indy Suburbs
    Several of you guys have been looking for a reputable machinist for barrel threading. I have used PROTOTECH for that service for years. Larry Hoskins is a terrific machinist with state of the art equipment and the ability to tackle most threading applications with ease. Here is a thread at RFC I started discussing Prototech's threading service in reference to the S&W 15/22:

ProtoTech to tool up for S&W M&P 15/22 Barrel threading. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Prototech is in Carmel, IN and Larry can be reached at 317-250-9644

Let's keep those rifles quiet now!

t3.jpg

t5.jpg

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Northside Indy Suburbs
    If you bought it with a C & R FFL there may be a problem adding a muzzle attachment. With a C & R purchase you need to leave the rifle in it's original configuration I think I read somewhere that it's a provision of the C & R requirements...I'll have to look it up again. Jim

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If you bought it with a C & R FFL there may be a problem adding a muzzle attachment. With a C & R purchase you need to leave the rifle in it's original configuration I think I read somewhere that it's a provision of the C & R requirements...I'll have to look it up again. Jim

Please do. I've had my C&R for 4 years and never heard that. If you find it, please post the citation (Title, chapter, etc...) as well.

Thanks very much!

Blessings,
    Bill

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Northside Indy Suburbs
    Please do. I've had my C&R for 4 years and never heard that. If you find it, please post the citation (Title, chapter, etc...) as well.

Thanks very much!

Blessings,
    Bill

From the ATF Website:

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Curios & Relics

The definition for curio or relic (“C & R”) firearms found in 27 CFR § 478.11 does not specifically state that a firearm must be in its original condition to be classified as a C&R firearm. However, ATF Ruling 85-10, which discusses the importation of military C&R firearms, notes that they must be in original configuration and adds that a receiver is not a C&R item. Combining this ruling and the definition of C&R firearms, the Firearms Technology Branch (FTB) has concluded that a firearm must be in its original condition to be considered a C&R weapon.
    It is also the opinion of FTB, however, that a minor change such as the addition of scope mounts, non-original sights, or sling swivels would not remove a firearm from its original condition. Moreover, we have determined that replacing particular firearms parts with new parts that are made to the original design would also be acceptable-for example, replacing a cracked M1 Grand stock with a new wooden stock of the same design, but replacing the original firearm stock with a plastic stock would change its classification as a C&R item.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    There is nothing illegal in threading the muzzle on a Mosin Nagant. It will, however, no longer be C&R eligible. If it is sold later down the road, it will sell as a regular title I firearm.

Top Bottom