• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    I use Hi-Temp wheel bearing grease on all my guns. Doesn't run off or evaporate. Also doesn't burn off near as fast as oil.

[ame]http://youtu.be/OXIsKEHo-4g[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/WSjE_nEFa0c[/ame]

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I've been using CLP on mine but the hi-temp grease is interesting. I may try it. Mine sees light competition use perhaps 200-300 rounds between cleaning but I have noticed running it wet makes it get really gunky pretty quickly.

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    That's the first time I've heard about using hi-temp wheel bearing grease. I think I'm going to try that out and see how it works. Any knowledge on how it performs in colder temperatures? Hopefully there are no adverse effects.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I recently moved to moly paste. For the high moly content stuff (65%), it's pricy. 8 oz (about $25 to $30) should last many years. I CLP clean parts, but will molly paste the rails on the BCG and the tabs on the charging handle and their mating surfaces in the upper. An acid brush trimmed short and at an angle works great for targeting the right areas. I just did a lower build and used it for the detents and hammer and trigger pins too. You can feel the difference.
    Locktite has the highest moly content out there. Also good is Honda's moly grease for shaft-driven motorcycle splines.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Two drops of CLP in the holes in the bolt carrier to keep the gas piston rings free and clean, and the smallest amount of Lubriplate or Rigg slide grease on the cam pin and slide points where the bolt carrier rides in the upper. The less the better, I use a tooth pick for an applicator. This plan has worked for 20 years. No gumming up, no galding, no wear, no mess. I think any plan that includes "keep clean and use only a tiny bit of lube" will work fine.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    Been using a 2:1 mix of Mobil 1 20-50 synthetic and Mobil 1 synthetic transmission fluid. One of my friends on the local PD turned me onto this mix. Rifle instructors at the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy have used this mix, according to my friend. Looks and works just like Lucas Gun Oil.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Slip 2000

I froze my AR 3 weeks ago. Literally left it out in the yard in 20 degrees and snow.
    The SLIP 2000 was still liquid and movable after 3 hours of exposure.

This past summer I ran the gun as per SLIP instructions til dry. Not a problem, not a malfunction, there was still evidence of the product still on the bolt and.rings.

Look up "Filthy Fourteen " on the web.

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Amsoil Full Synthetic. Resists breaking down in heat and I can apply it with a syringe with a blunt needle tip, and not have it all over my hands.

Which kind of Amsoil do you use? I'm trying to decide on the website on which one to get...:dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom