• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I went there for the first time today. Seemed like they had a pretty good stock of firearms. Quite a bit of powder and bullets (no SMK 168 g which was what I was looking for). Prices seemed good.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would rather have a guy that leaves me alone unless I have a question than those that follow me around asking if I need help, want to see something, every couple of minutes.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Does anyone know if Granger Guns is still open? I just came across this post and see that he is selling which is a surprise to me. I have had found some good deals there and will miss it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The last time I was in there (before my stop in a few weeks ago) the pickings were bare, but it was February.

I don't stop in enough to really get an idea.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I seem to recall that the business was sold and is under the management of the new owners. I haven't been out there in awhile. I may have some time day and I wouldn't mind checking out if there a couple of things normally stocked I may be interested in.

Regarding being grumpy, that seems to be fairly common amongst many of the smaller LGS. But if you think Steve is grumpy, go check out Kempf's Guns Shop in Michigan City. I've spent a grand at one time in there and didn't get a smile or a thank you. I head over there occasionally as penance for the occasional accumulation of sins I have committed.:dunno:

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Regarding being grumpy, that seems to be fairly common amongst many of the smaller LGS. But if you think Steve is grumpy, go check out Kempf's Guns Shop in Michigan City. I've spent a grand at one time in there and didn't get a smile or a thank you. I head over there occasionally as penance for the occasional accumulation of sins I have committed.

I could not agree with the above more.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    Recent rumors:
    I heard from a guy that heard the place was for sale for $300K about a month ago.
    A gunsmith today said it was to close in 60 days.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Steve is someone that takes some getting used to. He doesn't like to talk much. I asked him about two months if he was closing and he said it wasn't closing but the business was for sale. And I quote him "I'm tired of dealing with people" He had a S&W Shield in stock about three months ago for around $400. I told him I would let people on INGO know he had one and he asked me not to. He said he wanted to take care of the local people. Steve needs to sell to somebody that isn't burnt out. Even with the Bad location if someone had a good attitude and the prices stayed the same it would do good.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I can't imagine Steve going out of business. He is grumpy and I sometimes wonder why I go back but I do. I have bought a lot of stuff from him.

Top Bottom