• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    That is one of the main reasons this country is going to HELL, IMHO! When I was a kid my grandma would slap me and then later when my dad found out he would paddle my a$$!! Kids today have no respect and no fear b/c they know that nobody can touch or discipline them.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Saw this growing up a lot. Still find it funny

cousin: Im calling child services if you spank me
    Aunt: call them now so they will know exactly what i did to you
    cousin: crap

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    That makes me so mad... A 73 yr old woman sees a prison cell because her smart azz grand-daughter! I was raised by my grandparents a ret Marine DI and my 85 lb grandmother and I never thought of talking to them like that, I knew what would happen if I did. I consider myself a lucky person to get such a strict upbringing, I was never kicked out of school and have never been to jail. Hopefully that 18yr old's parents make her drop the claim.

God help the next generation!

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    My mom got paddled with a FIBERGLASS fishing pole when she was a kid, made me happy for the paddle or a belt.

My sister threatened CPS to which my mother replied "Ok which are do you want broken cause if I'm going to jail I'm going for a good reason"

Sister::n00b:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I would have gotten - and did get - beaten for talking that way to any elder, even someone not my family. Especially someone who's not family.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Granny will never see a jail cell, even if prosecutor is silly enough to try. Granddaughter, OTOH, has just screwed herself royally, I suspect.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I don't think it's okay to slap an adult for swearing. Violence is worse than swearing.
    You're right. She is after all an adult. She should not have been slapped. What Granny should have done was to have punched the little "b-word" right in the face.

Some people have no respect. Those that don't should learn it quickly and painfully. Had she been my daughter...Granny wouldn't be in this boat. I'd have done it for her. There is no kid going to stand there and curse one of my parents. Or me for that matter.

And BTW...adulthood is measured by many things. Age is merely one of the factors.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sounds like you didn't get your butt whipped often enough :rolleyes:
    I don't ever recall getting my butt whipped either. There was always the fear factor after seeing discipline handed out to several older sisters. I learned by their ignorance.

Seriously...I don't think I ever recall my old man laying a hand on any of us. My mom? That was another story. She was small...but ruthless. :):

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    If and when my son has kids and if they grow to even think they're going to talk to or around me like that, they will get an a** whippin' they wont forget.

I got my a** tore up and I turned out OK, and I am a firm believer in whippin' that a** if it needs to be done.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I don't think it's okay to slap an adult for swearing. Violence is worse than swearing.

Unfortunately sometimes controlled violence is the only language some people understand. I am not condoning outright beating someone down but have seen a few people only respond to a smack on the backside when no amount of words would have an affect on them.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    Good parents give their children Roots and Wings. Roots to know where home is, Wings to fly away and exercise what's been taught them.

We don't know how the mother raised this person but one thing is for sure she has her wings being 18 years of age she also has her 1st A We don't know the whole story. Disrespecting her grandmother is wrong but so is assaulting your adult grandchild.

OK go ahead and beat me up I know you will.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield

Sorry but you're not an adult if you're okay with swearing to a 73 year old woman, let alone your grandma. You're no more better than the little kid screaming and yelling in a store for not getting his toy.

(and I don't mean you're as in you, Tuoder. Just in general)

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    18 yrs old. Kinda late now but a good bar of soap when she was a little younger would have cleaned that foul mouth right up. May have taken a few times but soap would have cleaned that mouth right up.

A little heat to the bottom might help a little too.

Last edited:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    id slap my granddaughter and then go slap my daughter for letting her get that way. prolly slap my wife too for letting my daughter let her daughter get that way.

Top Bottom