• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Yeah, Popular Science has the same problem. They're wedded to global warming and alternative energy - and while also admitting that gasoline is a MUCH more efficient energy source than the other alternatives, and also less polluting - and the only Republican politicians they seem to like are Democrat-Lite. This problem is why I canceled my subscription.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Yeah, Popular Science has the same problem. They're wedded to global warming and alternative energy - and while also admitting that gasoline is a MUCH more efficient energy source than the other alternatives, and also less polluting - and the only Republican politicians they seem to like are Democrat-Lite. This problem is why I canceled my subscription.

Gasoline is less polluting than every other alternative energy source? Can I get your source?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Why the hate towards Popular Culture Science, B-hawk? Are you suggesting that I really WON'T be able to power all my transportation needs, using only the sunrays that fall on my back yard someday? And that Big Greedy People don't have a conspiracy to stop it? What's your source?

But seriously, I've long suspected their chief impact is to convince the average person to be just as ignorant and uncritical in their knowledge of science, as they are in their knowledge of current affairs - all while thinking they're "well informed."

Last edited:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I use to get GQ and unsubscribed because of how political they are. I just want to read about suits and bourbon.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I use to get GQ and unsubscribed because of how political they are. I just want to read about suits and bourbon.

You might try Whisky Advocate - a great article in the past issue about the young and upcoming bourbon makers. I subscribe to Cigar Aficionado which also has great articles on men's fashion, high end automobiles and great alcohols. I can't recall seeing anything in the past several years about global warming, climate change or other liberal lovefest issues.

Top Bottom