• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WJB63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette area
    I have used a Strong High Ride pancake for my 3" GP100 for years. It tucks in tight to the body and the slots are 1.75" so it works great on a garrison belt. I do not know if they still make this particular model but I do know they are still in business.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I'm in the same boat for my 3" GP100. For me it's between a Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake and a Fist #12.

+1 on the Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake.

My 4" GP100 is on of my favorite carry guns. The Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake is very good as a OWB or Cross-Draw holster. However, IMO it is one of the best IWB holsters for concealing a big revolver. I can conceal my GP-100 in light clothing very well. I honestly think that my Glock 26 in my Comp-tac prints more. (some of my Ruger's conceal-ability has to do with the Ruger compact grips that I have on mine).

IMO, the Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake is a very well made, concealable, and (of course) rugged holster, and once you factor in the price they are unbeatable.

Sorry for the low quality pics, I just took them with my phone a minute ago.
    DSCF6117_zps160e64af.jpg

DSCF6128_zps0e906599.jpg

DSCF6130_zps32302556.jpg

Last edited:

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    Not much of a concealment holster, but Ive got a Safariland 568-09-411 thats VERY nice. Paddle or belt, but the paddle really locks in place.

I want to say I got mine on sale or maybe with a discount code for about $36-$38 from Opticsplanet.

Cant figure out how to attach a pic or I would. Very well built holster, but again, not much for concealment really. It keeps it close, but it could be a hair closer.

WJB63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette area
    Cant figure out how to attach a pic or I would. Very well built holster, but again, not much for concealment really. It keeps it close, but it could be a hair closer.

Upload the picture to Photobucket then cut and paste the image code, your picture will show up in your post

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I have a Safariland 567 for my S&W 686 that I love. Not much on Kydex holsters myself.

The Safariland 567 works great for my 4" GP100's. I use it at the Steel Plate Matches as well as IDPA and other matches. It's pretty good for winter carry ... summer not so much.

My favorite for GP100 concealment OWB is my FIST holster. They go by numbers but I'm not sure what number my holster is. It looks identical to this one:

ruger_fist02.jpg

You will have to go to the FIST website to check. If I had to guess, it's the #12 Basic.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    You guys and your short grips are making me jealous.
    I have the grip and associated pieces EXCEPT the inserts.
    Anyone know where I can get the factory inserts?

BTW, here is the holster I posted about earlier...
    DSCN4904_zps75217962.jpg

Top Bottom