• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gav-n-Tn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Tennessee
    I was sitting in my FFLs shop today waiting to pick up a rifle. This older gentleman in front of me offered to sell him a SIG P228 (W.Germany) and he bought it. I gave him the "I want to look at it" look and after the gentleman left and after paying him $30 profit, I walked out with it for $490!! This pistol is in great shape and came with two original "zipper" mags. I have had a good day.

000_0270.jpg

000_0271.jpg

Last edited:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Nice gun and a good buy, reminds me of a few years ago I was standing at the counter of my local sporing goods shop and this guy came in and wanted to sell a Remington 1100 shot gun the guy behind the counter didn't want to buy it, So I followed him out and asked him what he wanted for it,he told me $200.00 I had a $180.00 bucks on me and asked him he would take that for it and he did, great to be in the right spot at the right time. Great gun ya got there, good for you.

Gav-n-Tn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Tennessee
    I've been bitten by the SIG bug just in the last few weeks. It started with a WGerman P226 in nickel circa 1986 when there still was a West Germany and HAS to be one of the first imported to the US. I decided that I couldn't use that as a shooter so it sent me on the quest for one and here it is. I'm hung up on the West German ones. I hope I can pull the reigns hard enough not to get carried away.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I really like the SIGs with the folded steel slides. They have a great feel and balance. Not to dis the stainless ones, which I like too, but the folded slides are the real "classic" SIGs IMO.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I gotta admit, there're things I like about both, and it shows. I've got a W. German 226 born in 98, which is just a classic, smooth shooting, silk triggered beauty, and an 08 229 rail two step that I really like also, and plan to carry, once the centerfire kit arrives. And to think, it all started with that little mosquito!

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I gotta admit, there're things I like about both, and it shows. I've got a W. German 226 born in 98, which is just a classic, smooth shooting, silk triggered beauty, and an 08 229 rail two step that I really like also, and plan to carry, once the centerfire kit arrives. And to think, it all started with that little mosquito!

A West German 226 from 98? I'm assuming that's a typo, and you meant 88, since the Berlin Wall was completely gone by 1990.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    A West German 226 from 98? I'm assuming that's a typo, and you meant 88, since the Berlin Wall was completely gone by 1990.

Check the date codes on the bottom of slide, there should also be the proofhouse proof stampings. Its a 2 letter code..... I have a P226 w/ "KA" and thats from 1990 and its a W. Germany slide. Word is that it was a few years (early '90s) before the W. German parts were all used up.

The letters decode as follows:

A = 0
    B = 1
    C = 2
    D = 3
    E = 4
    F = 5
    G = 6
    H = 7
    J = 8
    K = 9

You can also contact Sig but I guess there is a small fee for researching the s/n now, but they will provide written documentation too.

HTH,

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    OOPS! That's a pretty bad slip for a political scientist, isn't it? I'm gonna guess Sig did not open a plant in the FORMER E. Germany, though... At least probably not before 98... So do I get half credit? ;) And the slide does just say Germany, not W. Germany, so I do stand corrected.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom