• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Great movie. So far Disney has done a nice job with the series. I was very skeptical at first, but their first 2 offerings have been pretty damn good.
    I couldn't agree more. I didn't think they would do well but they seem to have not messed this up

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Saw the first showing in Imax Thursday night at the state museum. The other Imaxs in town don't hold a candle to that one. One of only 15 theaters showing the movie on film in the nation. Local 501st Legion was there in costume, Rtv6 was doing interviews. Great time, awesome movie.

Also got to see a ~ 5 minute long extended preview for Dunkirk which was also filmed in Imax. Looks like it's going to be awesome also.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Saw the first showing in Imax Thursday night at the state museum. The other Imaxs in town don't hold a candle to that one. One of only 15 theaters showing the movie on film in the nation. Local 501st Legion was there in costume, Rtv6 was doing interviews. Great time, awesome movie.

Also got to see a ~ 5 minute long extended preview for Dunkirk which was also filmed in Imax. Looks like it's going to be awesome also.

NO spoilers... but was it better than the force awakens?

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008

I went and saw it yesterday. I thought Rogue One was better. I felt the force awakens was nothing more than a complete copy of the old movies. I mean it was pretty much the exact same concept just that the WMD that everyone was focused on was bigger.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise

I was at the 10pm showing there. This one had a feeling to it that hasn't been in the Star Wars movies since the originals. I absolutely loved it.
    And I agree, Dunkirk looked awesome on that screen. The gunfire in that trailer rattled my seat!

Hands down!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I still haven't seen the last one :(

You didn't miss anything... Force Awakens was pretty bad.

It's basically A New Hope, except Darth Vader is a whiny millennial. It actually does have its moments, though.

Yep. They could have really used more of the Legacy of the Force story line/character development and it would have been better. They took the most basic premise from it, but then killed it with their complete lack of character development for their villain. "If" they do something real with Kylo from a character development aspect in the future movies that connect to Awakens it might be interesting... but for now it is not. It would have been really good had they had it have the story of Jacen & Jana Solo, as well as Ben, Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker, but sadly that was not to be.

I had some issues with casting/story line but I have been with this since the 1st.

I might be a bit to picky.

Me too... and reading many of the books from the extended universe that are now not Canon makes me even more picky.

I don't think that would be hard to pull off...

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Is this the same girl from the last one. I can not tell from the trailers.
    They look similar, but no. Rogue One is set before the events of the original trilogy (Episodes IV, V, VI). The one released last year is Episode VII which takes place after the original trilogy

Top Bottom