• ...and so much more!
  • onviousluu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Ok what can we learn from this?

1 avoid long stays at bars
    2 If a guy wants to talk to you he can do from over there.
    3:postpics:

Was you armed?

No. My friend had his glock .40 in the car, but we don't bring our guns in with us when we're out drinking. Just sounds like a horrible idea ya know?

onviousluu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    What the drinking? or the carrying? :D

I feel better now knowing you didn't draw down on the dude.

:+1:

I realize when I said "draw" earlier that would obviously be misconstrued to mean I wanted to pull my handgun out.

I don't personally carry, (nothing wrong with that, I love that people do, I just don't feel the need too) and when I said, draw, I meant put my guard up to defend myself from getting punched. Instead of standing there unprepared when the guy stuck me pretty hard.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    mt156454367.jpg

alright, alright... let's the give the kid a break here. :D

onviousluu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    As far as the pictures, I've tried to email myself cell phone pics several times, but it is not currently working... If anybody wants me too, I can send you pictures via text message so you can upload.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I don't personally carry, (nothing wrong with that, I love that people do, I just don't feel the need too) and when I said, draw, I meant put my guard up to defend myself from getting punched. Instead of standing there unprepared when the guy stuck me pretty hard.

So this would be an entirely different thread if the dude that wanted "to talk" pulled out a gun and suckered shot ya. I am old and confused most of the time so bare with me here. Why do you feel you do not need to carry? Remove the bar and drinking part out of it.

onviousluu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    So this would be an entirely different thread if the dude that wanted "to talk" pulled out a gun and suckered shot ya. I am old and confused most of the time so bare with me here. Why do you feel you do not need to carry? Remove the bar and drinking part out of it.

Jesus, Christ. I was referred to this forum by someone I know. As someone who loves, guns, the state of Indiana it sounded like a good fit. By the way, I'm also an 0311 who should be leaving on my third deployment, my first deployment to Afganistan around June (This is not for sure though, but is most likely a reality).

Why is everyone so aggressive? My reasons for not carrying are personal. In the sense I just don't feel like carrying. Not political. Not for any other reason other than I just don't feel like carrying. I love that people carry. It's a beautiful thing. It makes our state safer in my opinion. I encourage other responsible gun owners to do the same.

Please relax. I am in no way trying to do anything other than create what I thought would be an entertaining thread.

onviousluu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    I still am unable to upload the picture of my face all messed up, but here is a picture of me and the guy who was involved in the fight last night...

I'm on the left.... I know there has to be a few other guys here from my unit so you may recognize me....

photo removed because someone else is in it besides myself.... ****

Last edited:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Looks like you got sucker punched on here as well. The BS flag gets raised pretty easily around here for usually good reason. If your story is as you say, which I have no reason to doubt, than you have learned a lesson and I'm sorry for your pain.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Seriously, if this guy was just the moron you say......

1. File a criminal complaint immediately

2. File a civil action immediately

Chances are, if he did this to you, he has done it to others. If for no other reason, to have him think twice before he chooses to victimize someone else in the future. They may not be as lucky as you.

Furthermore, carrying a firearm is a personal decision. Just as praying, or not, to your own God; engaging in your own sexual orientation; choosing to purchase life insurance; or whatever.

Don't let the pea brain's flaming, bother you.

onviousluu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Dig the scope your buddy's rifle!

Details?!?!?!

That is a PVS 24 which is a night vision scope... It is actually pretty neat, but nothing special in some retrospects... For instance, our PVS 14 NVG's can easily be mounted to work with what the Corps now uses for optics, the ACOG. So honestly I think they waisted a little money on the 24s because we could just use the the 14s for the same purpose.

With that said, it does work quite well and we all loved it.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Grow up in the South and barfights happen. You get kicked out to fight in the parking lot. It was all fun and games unless someone produced a knife, bottle or gun.

Good idea? No. Sort of common when you mix youthful testosterone, alcohol and the presence of the fairer sex. Does it happen to me now? Not at 41.

It does kind of surprise me when some of the horribly out-of-shape, internet jockies start talking "pulling and shooting" before they let someone land a punch on you. Right or wrong, the law doesn't agree with it and shooting someone to avoid a punch landed in a bar fight will surely yield that ugly mug to much worse treatment as an inmate in the Sugar Shack*.

I haven't seen that attitude on this thread. I have seen that attitude on INGO.

The Sugar Shack is a room in the basement that was used as in indoor recreation room. When the weather was too severe (strong storms or terribly cold temperatures) the prisoners were sent into the Sugar Shack rather than the outdoor recreation yards. The prisoners were pretty much left alone in this room, a guard would only periodically check in on them. Even though no one was killed in the Sugar Shack, there was a lot of violence and injuries. Also, "other things" would happen in this room that gave it the nickname...definitely not pleasant to think about!
    West Virginia Penitentiary

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Glad it was just a punch and nothing worse. Stay away from that bar and fix your face! :)

Thanks for your service to this beautiful country!

Top Bottom