• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Ok here comes the story. I had my mind set on a CZ P-07. Gander in Greenwood had one $499, so I took a drive. I went to buy, and they would not sell it to me. I have recently moved, and have to had to watch my parents home. Because my Father is in the hospital. Since the address on my DL, and my home address is different they would not sell me the gun. So I said I'll take my buisness elsewhere. I also liked the FN9. Gander had $449 on theirs for the blued model. I called Bob at Bite the Bullet in Reddington. He has them in stanless. So I asked him how much. He said $506 before tax, got it for $527 OTD. He had $589 on the tag, however my Dad and I have done allot of buisness with him. Sixteen round mags (3), and an extra back strap. Overall I know I will be happy, as for Gander that's fine they have lost my buisness for good. I will post a pic when I get home. Range report when the weather nicens up.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't mean to start a flame war here or anything, but I have to agree with Gander. Listing a different address than your previous home of record could potentially mean you're doing something illegal and should be cause for a delay, at the very least.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Well I had no problem at Bite the Bullet. Bob has been in business for a long time. I'm sure he is well aware of ATF rules and policies. But lets not turn this into a debate, I'm happy. My impressions of the pistol without firing it.

1. I love the weight, I can tell a pretty substantial difference. Between it and my Xd, both empty and with a fully loaded mag. Size wise about the same, with the FN's slide being a tad slimmer.

2. The trigger is smooth, in both DA and SA modes.

3. Seems to be a very well made gun.

Just on the weight alone, I may use it as my primary carry gun. Not just for summer carry which I intended to use it for. Can not wait until I can feed her.

Ok the pic!

61BMR04857.jpg

Last edited:

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Good to hear you like your new gun. I was standing there when Bob priced it to you on the phone. Those FN guns are darn good looking. Congrats.

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Good to hear you like your new gun. I was standing there when Bob priced it to you on the phone. Those FN guns are darn good looking. Congrats.

Shame we did not have the chance to meet. Yeah Bob is a great guy. Takes great care of you, when you are a regular! Cant wait to feed her, hate this weather.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Hope you're dad gets better...nearly lost my dad 6 years ago...scared the crap out of me...we now have a much improved relationship...thanks to more effort on my part!!!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was doing some comparison between my Xd, and FN.

Empty weight
    Xd 28ozs
    FN 25.2 ozs

Trigger pull
    Xd 5.5-7.7
    FN SA 3.75 DA 10

This was comparing the 9mm, even though my Xd is a .40. The .40 ways one more oz empty.

This was pulled from both FN, and Springfields websites. I'm liking this gun more, and more. My Xd may be going by by!

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    To be fair, you started this by flaming Gander Mountain for following the law and their corp policies. The gun shops I go to would not have sold it to you either. Anyway, darn nice pistol. Let us know how it shoots.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    To be fair, you started this by flaming Gander Mountain for following the law and their corp policies. The gun shops I go to would not have sold it to you either. Anyway, darn nice pistol. Let us know how it shoots.

Greyhound, you are correct on following the law. I'm not trying to debate or start any arguements about that. I'm just clarifying the situation from a good friend of Bob's point of view. Bob at Bite the Bullet is a straight forward honest man, and probably come accross a little harsh if you don't know how honest he can be. As the OP said he and his father have purchased from and known Bob for a long time. That being said I can easily understand how selling the OP a gun that Bob may have not taken the time to varify the address from the license in comparison to the form. I will give Gander a +1 for being on top of the law and catching the situation.

I probably should sit back and keep to myself, I just wanted to add my :twocents: about Bob and his store. Thanks for your time.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

Well just like Bob said, he does not know where I live. Second my lisence is to just verify who I am. My DOB, and picture are correct. I also gave my SSN, because I have a common name. Makes things go faster. Why would I do so if, I was trying to do something Illegal. My address has nothing really to do with my identity. Now I could see if my pic did not match, or my DOB etc. I know Bob would not jepordize his buisness to just sell a gun. I will post pics, as soon as we have a decent day. Do not want to freeze my *** off, when testing a gun for the first time.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well now you guys have me wanting to take the drive to see Bob. I haven't seen him since the first Sunday in December (or was it November?).

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Well I just got done field striping it. Cleaned out the factory grease, painted the sites, and changed the backstrap. Man I'm wanting to shoot it so bad.

Top Bottom