• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • "ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    I got my first deer EVER yesterday. Id only been in the stand for an hour and was doing some rattling and some grunts and it payed off. I got a bad shot on him cause as soon as I let the arrow fly, he turned to run and by an act of god, I got a main artery in his rear. I was horrified that I had wounded him.But I got him and I couldnt be happier. He's a 13 point and the processor said that he will gross about 135-140. After I gutted him, he dressed out to around 180-190. I shot him on my friends land up in Fulton County.

100_0478.jpg

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Very nice deer. Are you going to have it mounted? Congrats!!!

Yep, I took my deposit in today when I piked up my meat andf he said they should be startign it tomorrow(wednesday). After getting this bucka dn just hunting in general, I cant believe that Ive passed it up for the last 20 years. Its not just the hunt, I thought it was awesome on the first morning I went out, being able to watch all the animals and whatnot doing their own thing and not even knowing that your there. Man I wish more people would just stop hating on it and try it haha.

Anywho, speaking of how I got my meat today, I ended up with 60lbs in my freezer haha. . . . . and that was AFTER I donated 10lbs to FHFH (Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry)

joseywales7450

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Carmel
    yeah man, that is a beautiful buck! congrats on taking your first deer too. hopefully i get my first in a couple weekends when i head out for my first time. i would be siked if i could take a buck like yours!

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Nice looking deer!

My first deer that I ever killed was in 1996 and it scored 142", kinda spoiled me for the next few years with high expectations of large antlered deer. I didn't kill another for 2 years and it scored 130". I haven't had much luck since, a few 110" deer and that's it. I passed on a decent 9 pointer last night that was in the 20 yard range because he looked only to be about 110" and the season is just now getting good.:)

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Anywho, speaking of how I got my meat today, I ended up with 60lbs in my freezer haha. . . . . and that was AFTER I donated 10lbs to FHFH (Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry)

Nice deer, man.

On the 60 lbs thing:

That's exactly why I process my own. It's not that hard & only takes 3 hours to do (even for a relative noob like me). It's well worth the time & effort. I've heard that the standard amount of meat you get back is around 70 lbs no matter how big your deer is. That & you really don't know who's deer you're really getting back.

I shot a button buck last year (thought it was a doe) that dressed at 70 pounds & I ended up with 35 lbs of meat out of it.

Top Bottom