• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    No reason to get out of your truck. But feel free to **** him off if he deserves it! If he chases you down and wants to fight then you've won the battle!
    Just my oppinion

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hahaha pt cruiser. Dude, you've already won.

Seriously, there's not a point to get out to confront him. And you're only going to get in trouble yourself when you bring yourself to his level.

As far as when you can use your weapon, it's pretty well defined that you have to be in fear for the safety of yourself or others. Keep that in mind if you are willing to let a jury decide that you are justified.

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    No reason to get out of your truck. But feel free to **** him off if he deserves it! If he chases you down and wants to fight then you've won the battle!
    Just my oppinion

haha oh i made him mad but i guess if i stayed in the truck he couldn't do anything and if he did like pull a bat.. i COULD shoot him

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    NO...you should not own firearms...you need to take some serious training on self defense before you go around carrying a handgun, IMHO.

why would i need serious training? if he would have pulled a gun isnt that obvious enough? the only thing i would need is a "how to manage anger on the road class":laugh:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    why would i need serious training? if he would have pulled a gun isnt that obvious enough? the only thing i would need is a "how to manage anger on the road class":laugh:

No, actually sounds like you need to grow up...just because you own a firearm doesn't mean that should be the answer to your problems...

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    I am being very honest...your child like thinking is dangerous...you need to seriously think about what it means once you pull the trigger.

well aware of that.. thats why i was asking WHAT YOU WOULD DO IF SOMEONE GOT OUT ON YOU...not looking for some bs answer of "i need a firearms class"..thats not what i asked.. firearms class isnt going to do you any good if youve never been in a real life situation

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Let's just say you did the right thing in that situation. But had you had a firearm and pulled it you would've been the one getting in trouble or possibly shooting someone who wasn't really threatening your life. These guys really are trying to help even if it offends you. Trust me...I learn something new everyday on here!

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    well aware of that.. thats why i was asking WHAT YOU WOULD DO IF SOMEONE GOT OUT ON YOU...not looking for some bs answer of "i need a firearms class"..thats not what i asked.. firearms class isnt going to do you any good if youve never been in a real life situation

i mean at what point to you get out, confront him and if he throws a punch u shoot him with your open carry?
    You do not put yourself in that situation...why would you want to be in a confrontation with someone like that? If he continues to follow you, call the cops...let them deal with the idiot, don't make yourself one.
    i mean this whole business of people "getting out on people" in traffic has me nervous cuz people are crazy. people that say the stuff like "pull over ill beat your a$$!" what do you do ingo?
    Just as crazy as wanting to pull a gun on someone because they are looking for a confrontation. Avoid situations like this at all costs...using your handgun should be the last resort...it is to protect your life.

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    i probably wouldnt have pulled a gun unless he did in the situation but i saw a couple other threads on the road rage topic on here and was curious what other people do in those situations

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    haha oh i made him mad but i guess if i stayed in the truck he couldn't do anything and if he did like pull a bat.. i COULD shoot him

i probably wouldnt have pulled a gun unless he did in the situation but i saw a couple other threads on the road rage topic on here and was curious what other people do in those situations

From your posts, it sounds like you are looking for a reason to shoot someone, not how to avoid a confrontation.:twocents:

SootKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    not tellin
    You do not put yourself in that situation...why would you want to be in a confrontation with someone like that? If he continues to follow you, call the cops...let them deal with the idiot, don't make yourself one.

Just as crazy as wanting to pull a gun on someone because they are looking for a confrontation. Avoid situations like this at all costs...using your handgun should be the last resort...it is to protect your life.

:ingo: theres some good advise. have you ever been put into a situation like that? or anyone else for that? i know im not the only one

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom