• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reale1741

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 22, 2020
    Jeffersonville
    Years ago in Rick's ( @indiucky ) shop, I saw a Finnish captured SVT 40. It was rough with lots of dents and dings typical of a Finn capture. It even had a piece of shrapnel stuck in the stock. I think he had it priced at around $800, which is a bargain by today's standards. I didn't have the money back then, so I wasn't able to get it. That being said, I had been looking for another for the last 10 years. I've had other SVTs, but I wanted a Finn captured one. Well I was finally able to pick one up this weekend! It's a 1941 Izhevsk with a couple of interesting features. It's non matching, which is typical of Finn captures. It was made in September of 1941, which was right at the end of Izhevsk production. The original Finnish marked magazine is still with it too! I had to pay up for this one, but I'm definitely happy to add it to the collection. Now I just need to find time to take it out to the range!

Attachments

• finnsvt-1.jpg
      finnsvt-1.jpg
      455.9 KB · Views: 49
    • finnsvt-2.jpg
      finnsvt-2.jpg
      525.6 KB · Views: 51
    • finnsvt-3.jpg
      finnsvt-3.jpg
      243.7 KB · Views: 43
    • finnsvt-4.jpg
      finnsvt-4.jpg
      231.2 KB · Views: 40
    • finnsvt-5.jpg
      finnsvt-5.jpg
      159.4 KB · Views: 47

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Fantastic!!! You got a beauty!!! I had several Soviet SVT-40’s years ago with a couple being snipers. They were fun to shoot and with the right ammo will shoot rather accurately. Enjoy :)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Years ago in Rick's ( @indiucky ) shop, I saw a Finnish captured SVT 40. It was rough with lots of dents and dings typical of a Finn capture. It even had a piece of shrapnel stuck in the stock.

Guy on the west coast bought it..(on gunbroker fed...I did it right...)..a buddy of his was an X ray tech and they took it to a Seattle hospital on a gurney at about 3 am and his buddy x rayed it for him...I've got the pics somewhere...the shrapnel was all in that buttstock.....one big piece and a handful of smaller ones....it was a neat piece....

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Guy on the west coast bought it..(on gunbroker fed...I did it right...)..a buddy of his was an X ray tech and they took it to a Seattle hospital on a gurney at about 3 am and his buddy x rayed it for him...I've got the pics somewhere...the shrapnel was all in that buttstock.....one big piece and a handful of smaller ones....it was a neat piece....

I had a Japanese rifle with what appeared to have a bullet/frag entrance hole in the stock. I took it into work and X-rayed it…but nothing was in it. Here is a picture.
    2a907745a3db7a7fc27c6f9669dd6af5.jpg

Top Bottom