• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    After selling my G19 and accessories I was left Raven-less. So I put in my order for the "quick ship" Phantom on March 8th. I received it yesterday and its everything I've come to expect from Raven Concealment Systems.

I ordered it in black, right hand, 1.5" belt loops, with the "Magpul cut" sweatguard.

I was in the process of "cleaning my M&P" so I snapped a quick cell pic. ;)

1zn1orc.jpg

A big thanks to Tom, Trek, Mike, and the rest of the gang over at RCS. You guys put out a great product and I appreciate your focus on customer service. Trek, thanks for not cancelling my order. :D

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I received my phantom this week also, molded for a S&W 6906 and it fits my 3913 nicely as well. I also got a pocket holster for a P32 and it is the best one I have ever used!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm not familiar with the "Magpul Cut" sweat guard?

They give you the option of chopping off the top part of the rear sweatguard. This means you can get a full firing grip even if you are used to flagging your thumb high during the draw. I believe this was an option that was first requested by Chris and Travis of Magpul Dynamics-- thus the "MD cut" or "Magpul cut" designation.

Here's an example of the Magpul cut.

1159_3_11.JPG

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Taken off their website.

7) What are the different "cuts"? What are the different body shields?

Holsters

We offer three basic cuts for our Phantom series holsters, each a minor variation on the basic holster design. These cuts will allow you to tailor the holster to your particular carry style and position. Remember that on most holsters except some compact and sub compact models, you can adjust the cant by moving the lead and trail attachment points up or down. The range of adjustment is about 5 degrees plus or minus.

Standard Cut*– Standard Cut holsters come with a 10 degree forward cant. We’ve found this cut to be the best balance between concealment, comfort and accessibility both OWB and IWB for most users. The most effective placement for this cut is between 3:00 and 4:30 for a right hand shooter.
    Plus Cut*– The Plus Cut holster is set at 15 degrees of forward cant. If you are used to a “FBI” cant or you tend to carry at your kidneys or farther back (4:00 to 5:30 for a right hand shooter) this cut may work best for you.
    Minus / MD Cut*- The Minus/MD Cut holster is designed to be carried primarily OWB on or forward of the hip (2:00 to 3:00 for right handed shooters). This cut is a straight drop holster (zero forward cant).* To select a true MD cut holster, you must also select the short body shield option when ordering your holster

Body Shield

We offer two options for the body shield on our holsters.

Full (standard)*- The Full body shield completely shrouds the inside face of the weapon. This helps protect the weapon and any controls from you and protects you from any sharp edges or corners on the weapon. We cut the Full shield to still allow you to seat the firing grip with minimal interference from the holster.
    Short / MD*- The Short/MD body shield is reduced to clear any fire controls on the inside face of the weapon. A Short body shield will also allow your thumb to come to rest against the weapon for a full firing grip before the draw is started. We leave enough material to also aid in re-holstering and to help keep your clothing out of the holster mouth. To select the options for a true MD cut holster, you must also select the Minus / MD cut when ordering your holster.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Love my phantom! been carrying my M&P9c in one for a couple of years now. Planning to get another here soon for an M&P FS w/ light.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    After selling my G19 and accessories I was left Raven-less. So I put in my order for the "quick ship" Phantom on March 8th. I received it yesterday and its everything I've come to expect from Raven Concealment Systems.

I ordered it in black, right hand, 1.5" belt loops, with the "Magpul cut" sweatguard.

I didn't realize the Magpul cut still qualified it as a Quick Ship item. I'll have to remember that when I (eventually) order one for the M&P Shield that I will (eventually) be purchasing.

WestSider

Master
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Let me ask a question. I have had a couple RCS holsters, but now I notice they offer a standard 10 degree cant or 15 degree cant for an extra $6. Does anyone have any experience with the 15 and can share some thoughts on which is better?

Thanks

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I notice they offer a standard 10 degree cant or 15 degree cant for an extra $6. Does anyone have any experience with the 15 and can share some thoughts on which is better?

I don't specifically know why they offer such a version, but I'd guess its a personal preference thing, or for those who wear their holster further behind their hip.

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    Yep, just a personal preference. I prefer 10 degrees, but our holster is adjustable 5 degrees in each direction if the end user wants to fine tune their settings.

IE, if you start with 10, you can make it 5 or 15 degrees.

If you start with 15, you can make it 10 or 20 degrees.

Top Bottom