• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    So heres the deal, I was working on my camaro yesterday and had to go to the parts store for a cooling fan temp. sensor.
    Hoffman Bros. said that they had the part at the warehouse and would take about an hour and a half to get there, so I had some time to kill and stopped in at the pawn shop.
    I had just made it inside and started to have a look around when I noticed a younger guy about my age, come strolling in looking a little lost. The employees were all busy, one was outside and a lady was talking to another lady about jewelry. I second looked the guy and realized that he had an FNH case in his hand, well I shot over to were he was standing and let him know that they don't deal with guns at that shop or basicly any other around here. He looked at me surpised and I mentioned that FNH is a quality firearm and he said yea I know I just bought it a few weeks ago. I asked what he was looking to get out of it "assuming he was looking to sell" and that I may be interested.
    He said that he had just paid $700 for it and that he would take about $400 right now, I gave him the h-mmm:rolleyes:, mostly because I was trying to think of where I could get $400 and he sais welll.. Cash money now I might take $375-350:n00b:. He started to say something about paperwork and I whipped out the wallet and showed my LTCH like I was the FBI or something:): and he responded with OH! well thats even better then and opened the case on the counter.
    I got his phone number and told him I would buy it in an hour!!
    Now all I had to do was get $350 in an hour.:D My old man was just about to get off work though and I knew he would cover me.
    I went home and started to fix the car and he called to ask if I was serious about buying it Today! I said yes, but as not to let a deal runaway and Pops wasn't home yet, I called a buddy who loaned me a couple hundred bucks no problem.
    Went and picked that booger up!
    Well when we got back Pops was home so I went over and asked to borrow the couple hundred dollars to pay back my freind. as we walked up I asked my freind if he might be interested in a EAA 357 rather than the $200 and he said he would be.
    The old man had a .22 for a long time and had just purchased the EAA from a freind of mine a couple of weeks ago for $200.
    I told my dad that if he should want to, that he could just sell my freind the EAA, and pay me $150 to sell him the FNH and I highly recommended that he do so since he wanted a .45 anyhow.
    SO..... in the end my Pops got a brand spankin new (50 Rnds. through it) FNP .45 2 tone stainless, with case/ the 3 mags, all original papers, spent caseing/backstrap etc. for $350 :yesway:
    The guy let me look at the receipt from MWGE, however asked to keep it for his personal records.
    Sorry for the length, I'm just pretty stoked over the deal. It worked out, Glad dad got it and my ol lady would have lost it had I brought home another gun right now.;)
    2iru7av.jpg

1z1w6ep.jpg

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I think I went through a less convoluted process when I bought my house! :):

Seriously, though; props for lookin' out for your old man, and you got a smokin' price on the gun. Hope he enjoys it!

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I think I went through a less convoluted process when I bought my house! :):

Seriously, though; props for lookin' out for your old man, and you got a smokin' price on the gun. Hope he enjoys it!
    :yesway: I hope he dose too. I also forgot to mention that I gave him my box of black talon .45 that I had kept around, since he had no ammo and I no longer own a .45
    They look good in those mags.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You are a great broker. I hate it when people need money that bad, but at least he sold to someone worthy of the great deal.

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    Okay, that has to be one of the best "right place at right time" tales I've heard.

And the diagram... well, that is priceless.
    ----------------
    GB

Top Bottom