• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thank you for contacting me regarding the use of "czars" in government. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and views with me.

According to Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution, "The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America." Among powers granted to the President is the ability to appoint officials within the executive branch.

Historically, in order to address the many challenges facing our country, a President will often appoint individuals to advisory roles within the executive branch. These individuals provide expertise and oversight for specific issues as deemed necessary by the President of the United States. Often colloquially referred to as "czars," these individuals can serve in a managerial role, while providing insight and advice to the President. However, it is important to know that people who assume these positions have no more authority than other government officials with different titles, and often they have less. Of course, ultimate decision making authority in the executive branch rests with the President.

Like you, I believe elected officials have a duty towards the people they have been chosen to represent. I also believe that government should run efficiently and with the best interests of citizens in mind. Please rest assured that I will keep your views in mind should legislation addressing this issue come before the Senate for consideration.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope the information I have provided has been helpful. My website, Senator Evan Bayh — Senator for Indiana: Home, can provide additional details about my work in the Senate, including legislation and state projects. You can also sign up for occasional email updates. I value your input and hope you will continue to keep me informed of the issues that matter to you.

Office of Senator Evan Bayh
    (202) 224-5623
    Russell 131
    Washington, D.C. 20510

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    Like you, I believe elected officials have a duty towards the people they have been chosen to represent. I also believe that government should run efficiently and with the best interests of citizens in mind. Please rest assured that I will keep your views in mind should legislation addressing this issue come before the Senate for consideration.

Office of Senator Evan Bayh
    (202) 224-5623
    Russell 131
    Washington, D.C. 20510

:rolleyes::bs:

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Barry's Czars

I do not mind the president having advisors. However, when you look closely at the backgrounds and definite leanings of most of Barry's czars, they all seem to point to one thing, the complete and utter socialization of this country with only the most healthy being allowed to survive and flourish. Regardless of contradictory evidence, they are using global warming as a justification to make a lot of changes that most of us who actually work for a living do not want to have changed. IMHO there would seem to be far too many similarities with pre-WWII Nazi Germany to just be coincidental and ignore. Remember that the obamacorps is still lurking in the shadows and they are rumored to be targeting young blacks and Hispanics as the preferred recruit. Believe what you want, but the liberals were using the argument to promote global warming as "can you really take that chance that we might be wrong?"

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom