• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I don't see the point in pushing legislation that won't pass, but I guess others do.

Most legislation takes several tries to get through. There have been enough representatives and senators with an "R" after their name to repeal it, and the Republican Party campaigned on, and won majorities based on its promise to repeal. Ted Cruz was naïve enough to actually try to do it, and instead of getting support for it, his fellow R's blasted him. Ergo no one believes the Republican Party regulars any more.

And they wonder how Trump happened.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Most legislation takes several tries to get through. There have been enough representatives and senators with an "R" after their name to repeal it, and the Republican Party campaigned on, and won majorities based on its promise to repeal. Ted Cruz was naïve enough to actually try to do it, and instead of getting support for it, his fellow R's blasted him. Ergo no one believes the Republican Party regulars any more.

Trump is the Bozo-the-clown-face of what the Republican party has become.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

Well said. And that is one reason why I was, and still am, a Ted Cruz supporter. Maybe I only really woke up to this a few years ago with the advent of the Tea Party, but I am now a firm hater of the GOP establishment and can sympathize with Trump supporters - it's not so much the Trumpers goals or motivations that I doubt, but rather their judgment in choosing a standard bearer.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

Trying over and over when nothing major has changed is just a waste of time and money. The only conclusion that makes sense to me is that it's just pandering to get reelected all on the government's dime.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

Having enough senators to pass it doesn't matter if it never goes to vote (filibuster) or gets vetoed. They didn't have those kind of numbers in their favor, so it was really never going anywhere, and the knew it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It can't be repealed as long as Obama is in office. It can be defunded though, but that would entail shutting down the government and we know the wailing and gnashing of teeth that occurs over that. The GOPers have no stomach for that fight.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Instead of all these pissing in the wind attempts at repeal, why not offer up amendments or workable alternatives? Obamacare sucks, so they should get off their lazy butts and propose alternatives. Instead they just stomp their feet and scream no like children.

At work we call people like this Seagulls. Fly in, make a lot of noise, crap all over, then fly away. But heaven forbid they offer anything useful.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Reaganis the Bonzo-the-clown-face of what the Republican party has become.

The GOP was never any better than what Reagan is representing now. We just believed the hype.

They act like bonzos? The voters gave them a real bonzo.

FIFY this what they said 52 years ago

An interesting statement indicative of lack of institutional memory. Did history start on the day of your birth?

Exactly THIS ^^^^^ Someone is definitely forgetting the days of Ronaldus Magnus - and horrible lessons of Jimmy Carter that preceded it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom