• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Dennis Kucinich puts up a War Powers Resolution Act piece to pull the US out of the illegal Libyan conflict and the gop decided to show their true colours. They pulled his measure, because it was likely to succeed and force Obama's hand by showing him (and the war supporters) who was supposed to be in control. Guess the gop is quite comfortable with Obama waging illegal wars. If they ever regain power it's quite likely that they, (and their masters in the military industrial complex) want that same power so they can jump on whomever they damned well please.

GOP Pulls Libya War Powers Resolution from the Floor Because it Might Pass - Blog - OpenCongress

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I know I haven't posted in a while, but I don't think I really need to say more than that it is widely known in legal circles that the war powers resolution has questionable constitutionality as it interferes with the President's Article II authority.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    MY GAWD... I thought hell had frozen over when I first agreed with rambone.:n00b: Now I find I agree with, man it's hard to even say it, Dennis Kucinich. Burrrp... I'm feeling kinda queasy.:D

It has become obvious that we have no intention of actually winning any of the conflicts we are now engaged in. Which side are we, Oceania, or Eruasia? Guess that's what happens everytime politicians try to run a war. Let Europe protect their own supply of oil.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    MY GAWD... I thought hell had frozen over when I first agreed with rambone.:n00b: Now I find I agree with, man it's hard to even say it, Dennis Kucinich. Burrrp... I'm feeling kinda queasy.:D

It has become obvious that we have no intention of actually winning any of the conflicts we are now engaged in. Which side are we, Oceania, or Eruasia? Guess that's what happens everytime politicians try to run a war. Let Europe protect their own supply of oil.

I vote for Eurasia. Oceania sounds like the city Aquaman would rule, and..well...it's Aquaman.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Playing devil's advocate, maybe Kucinich is pulling it as a way of giving obama-messiah enough rope to hang himself?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Dennis Kucinich puts up a War Powers Resolution Act piece to pull the US out of the illegal Libyan conflict and the gop decided to show their true colours. They pulled his measure, because it was likely to succeed and force Obama's hand by showing him (and the war supporters) who was supposed to be in control. Guess the gop is quite comfortable with Obama waging illegal wars. If they ever regain power it's quite likely that they, (and their masters in the military industrial complex) want that same power so they can jump on whomever they damned well please.

GOP Pulls Libya War Powers Resolution from the Floor Because it Might Pass - Blog - OpenCongress

The other take on this is that the Republicans were concerned that if we bail on NATO in Libya that NATO will bail on us in Afghanistan. For the record, I think we should leave Afghanistan today. It will be interesting to see what the GOP candidates have to say about Afghanistan. A 2014 target exit date is mind boggling.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    No matter how much effort, blood and money we put into the mid-east and African countries, they will all revert back to tribalism as soon as the controls are removed. From the things that I have read, the Lybian rebels are actually worse and more brutal than Khadafi's forces. They are murdering and raping their way through the black portion of the Lybian population for their form of ethnic cleansing. Why is O'Bummer supporting the arab spring??? The moslem brotherhood will eventually rule the mid-east and Africa. O'Bummer will either sit back and let it happen, or worse yet, aid its progress.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    No matter how much effort, blood and money we put into the mid-east and African countries, they will all revert back to tribalism as soon as the controls are removed. From the things that I have read, the Lybian rebels are actually worse and more brutal than Khadafi's forces. They are murdering and raping their way through the black portion of the Lybian population for their form of ethnic cleansing. Why is O'Bummer supporting the arab spring??? The moslem brotherhood will eventually rule the mid-east and Africa. O'Bummer will either sit back and let it happen, or worse yet, aid its progress.

I could live with sitting back and letting it happen. :dunno:

Top Bottom