• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Some of the things I fear happening that don't take any congressional action are restricting the import of military weapons and surplus ammo - like the ban on things like happened with the Chinese Sks's. BATF can stop the importation of much of the cheaper ammo without any problem. And like Commiefornia a 10 round max magazine is not out of the realm of possibility. It is quite possible that restrictions on AR and AK rifles could be increased. (Stopping all foreign imports would substantially increase the prices and supplies). I highly doubt any attempt to make anything illegal will happen but if the above restrictions take place the cheap 20-30 round mags would be "re-ban" and prices would really rise.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Some of the things I fear happening that don't take any congressional action are restricting the import of military weapons and surplus ammo - like the ban on things like happened with the Chinese Sks's. BATF can stop the importation of much of the cheaper ammo without any problem. And like Commiefornia a 10 round max magazine is not out of the realm of possibility. It is quite possible that restrictions on AR and AK rifles could be increased. (Stopping all foreign imports would substantially increase the prices and supplies). I highly doubt any attempt to make anything illegal will happen but if the above restrictions take place the cheap 20-30 round mags would be "re-ban" and prices would really rise.

While this may not happen I personally think it is very likely. The ATF-Dept. of Justice-Holder could close the pipeline on imports very easily. Couple that with their passion to get onboard with the UN ban of global small arms trade and it isn't looking good.
    And yes they could make most of us outlaws for possessing a high capacity magazine.
    To me the most pressing issue is Supreme Court Justice appointments that will allow them to trash the 2A which will lead the Constitution as a whole being trashed. The 2A is an obstacle in their quest to take control of the Country.
    The "Entitlement Group" is growing daily and that is part of the Goverment plan. A society that is dependant on the Goverment is at the mercy of the Goverment.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    So long affordable firearms that take hi cap mags for 10 years

Not going to happen. But market prices will go up.

Yep, looks like the price of ammo and guns are going up...better start reloading I guess.

Basically, what I see here is fearmongering (their plan ?) is working, only this time, the sheepdogs are falling for it hook line and sinker.

:twocents:

Let's all calm down, be vigilant, but no need to go on a buying spree otherwise prices WILL go up.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I seriously doubt any of this will have much effect on my shooting sport.
    I certainly hope you are right. Apparently millions of gun owners who aren't members of a pro-gun organization, i.e. NRA, agree with you. I fear that you may have your head buried in the sand.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I certainly hope you are right. Apparently millions of gun owners who aren't members of a pro-gun organization, i.e. NRA, agree with you. I fear that you may have your head buried in the sand.

None of my family members are the least bit concerned.
    They can still go duck and deer hunting and that is all that matters to them.

rightwinger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Mother Indiana
    what are the chances of ammo really going up though? most of us have bought a bunch of it maybe too much. so right now there really isnt a demand for it well at least from my end. raising ammo prices right now would just cause sitting stock.

HAHAHAHAHAH, he said "bought too much ammo", your crazy pal i like ya but your crazy ahahahahahhaha

Hajisc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   1
    Oct 11, 2012
    Westville,In.
    The only things that have me worried are his use of executive orders and his involvement with the UN as far as trying to go along with a small arms treaty. With the way homeland security is set up he can use the threat of terrorism to justify just about anything he wants to do. Definately need to keep an eye on him .
    Best to stock up and hope the rush to buy doesn't drive the costs thru the roof.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    http://delivery.tacticalrepublic.co...5DUE18cnQ9MTM1MjMwNjc1M3xwcj0yNTB8YWR2PTg1NTM
    ri

So long affordable firearms that take hi cap mags for 10 years

1. Why do you think this?

2. Are you referencing a bill that was introduced last year?

3. Under what scenario could such a law pass the House and Senate?

4. If another AWB passes, what makes you think you will be allowed to keep them and what makes you think it will only be 10 years?

5. What have you done to help fight such legislation? What do you suggest we do?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    daddymikey1975 said:
    Let's all calm down, be vigilant, but no need to go on a buying spree otherwise prices WILL go up.

THIS, a bazillion times...

This ain't 1994, folks...no matter how bad Obama wants an AWB it ain't going to happen via legislation. And if anything is attempted to skirt legislation, that has its own consequences.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    what are the chances of ammo really going up though? most of us have bought a bunch of it maybe too much. so right now there really isnt a demand for it well at least from my end. raising ammo prices right now would just cause sitting stock.

4 years ago I made the mistake of thinking like this. 4 years ago I got screwed because the only thing left on any shelf in NWI was birdshot. It sucked.

Last couple months I've been buying a box whenever I happened to be at the store. Even bought some more last night.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    4 years ago I made the mistake of thinking like this. 4 years ago I got screwed because the only thing left on any shelf in NWI was birdshot. It sucked.

Last couple months I've been buying a box whenever I happened to be at the store. Even bought some more last night.

Palmetto State Armory raised all of their ammo prices this morning, example @ 6:00 am 1000 rd of AE .223 was $350, now the same thing is $369. sgammo.com is out of almost all bulk .223 rounds unless you are looking for green tip or tracers which are pricey.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Palmetto State Armory raised all of their ammo prices this morning, example @ 6:00 am 1000 rd of AE .223 was $350, now the same thing is $369. sgammo.com is out of almost all bulk .223 rounds unless you are looking for green tip or tracers which are pricey.

ugh... :spend:

Top Bottom