• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    I was wondering where good places to look for guns around I-465 Indy..gun shops, pawn shops...that'd be on the way to Franklin College (daughter'sa soph there) so make trips there on occasion...coming from North of Indy US 31 to 465W etc... thanks

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Cops are all the time talking about getting guns off the streets, I'd start there, chances are, there's a street near you. :D

Seriously though, Bradis is worth the drive.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There's a pawn shop just inside of 465 on 10th St. on the West Side. West Side Pawn. 10th and Alton.

Not a great area of town... But not the worst. Decent selection...hit and miss on prices. They sell new firearms, too.

-J-

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Every once in a while there is a gun show at the Johnson county fair grounds thats not to shabby. Theres a few deals once in a while.

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    There's a pawn shop just inside of 465 on 10th St. on the West Side. West Side Pawn. 10th and Alton.

Not a great area of town... But not the worst. Decent selection...hit and miss on prices. They sell new firearms, too.

-J-

I went by there today. Not a bad selection and their pricing wasn't half bad. They were 100 dollars cheaper on a Taurus Tracker NIB. They have a bunch of ammo behind the counter but no longer sell it:dunno:

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Best prices that I've seen in town that are close to 465 are KS&E at Pendleton and 465, also, Beech Grove Firearms at Emerson and 465. Plainfield and Bradis are both good to but not as close to the highway. (Not far just not as close as the first two I mentioned.)
    Good luck to you.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I went by there today. Not a bad selection and their pricing wasn't half bad. They were 100 dollars cheaper on a Taurus Tracker NIB. They have a bunch of ammo behind the counter but no longer sell it:dunno:

They've had a year+ long battle with their insurance carrier about the sales of ammo.

They allow the sales and transfers of the firearms...but not the ammo. Doesn't make any sense to ME, but that's the way it goes for now.

-J-

danglearms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Mooresville,IN
    plfd shooting supply

plainfield shooting supply is the best. bob sells at 10% over cost for new & makes great deals on used, also has an awsome collection of m1's for sale on consignment.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Look for vehicles with NRA stickers - there's usually some in there. A screwdriver will pop the window out and you can find some good stuff, often including guns. The selection is usually pretty slim, but you can't beat the price.

Also, look for homes where newspapers have piled up, indicating they aren't in town and check their closets and under their beds.

I kid!!!

Bradis is the place to go :)

Top Bottom