• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    I am heading down to Indy today and was wondering what gun shops to STAY AWAY from... any info will help out thanks...

for example i know Don's Guns, etc.etc.:D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Everything in the Greenwood area is "good to go". Not any "Don's" type shops down here.

ETA: Look for Indy Trading Post, Beech Grove Firearms, The Outdoorsman, Bradis, Gander Mountain, and Elmore's.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Drive a bit farther to Plainfield Shooting Supplies. He does have the best handgun prices in the City, and he has a terrific selection of long guns and ARs. I never bother calling anywhere else, because they are usually higher. Period.:)

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    I was in the Outdoorsman a couple of weeks ago and seen the same pistol I had just purchased a week earlier for about 100 more. I would drive to Bradis or Plainfield Shooting Supplies. Just my 2 cents.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Last two times I've price checked, PSS and BGF have slightly better prices than Bradis. But all are "good" and much better than Gander...

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    Bradis for long guns, PSS for handguns. Went to Elmore's today, the manager didn't even know that Ruger now makes Mini30 20rd Magazines.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you're going to drive to Plainfield to PSS, then a stop at Ft. Liberty Firearms in Avon should be arranged, too.

-J-

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Drive a bit farther to Plainfield Shooting Supplies. He does have the best handgun prices in the City, and he has a terrific selection of long guns and ARs. I never bother calling anywhere else, because they are usually higher. Period.:)
    Ditto:D
    Having said that I can say that I've never had a problem with Elmore's. I've gotten some great deals on things there and even bought a few things cheap enough to make a buck on them when sold. I've witnessed Russ's shortness with a few customers but I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing in the same situation. Just my:twocents:

Last edited:

prtrrssll

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    NOT ELMORES

Would rather go to plainfield shooting supplies BOB will give you a better deal and much nicer.Elmores people are the rudest people and prices are to high . Like i said Plainfield shooting is worth the trip.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Russ at elmores can actually dis-assemble a gun without dropping it, good people, Bradis has real good service but used gun prices have SKYROCKETED in the last few months, Beech Grove Firearms has great service, overall southside is good to go!

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    I have gone into Elmore's 3 separate times...

First time just to take a look - extremely nice and helpful
    Second time ready to buy - rude to the point I just walked out
    Third time just to see if it was an off day - really helpful again

So it is a ymmv with Elmore's. But I probibly won't be shopping there again.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    i have never understood why people hate on elmores

my experience below

i have never bought a gun there but tones or accessories they always knock off money when i get to the counter before i even ask ammo to every time. there sticker price is high yea but make an offer the worst they can say is NO... i went there today and looked at a m1a they handed it to me said -250 less then what was written on the tag.

Last edited:

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    If you are just browsing, Beech Grove Firearms, Plainfield Shooting Supply and Bradis Guns have good selections. If you are looking for something specific, call the shops first. I've always gotten better deals at Plainfield Shooting Supply than the other two shops, although I still like the other shops.

I wouldn't bother with Elmore's. In my experience, his prices are too high, even if he knocks off a few bucks.

Top Bottom