• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    not as recompense
    that was a fund drive set up by someone else.

if your house burns down and a fundraiser nets you a boatload of money, should your insurance company not have to pay?
    (Somewhat bad analogy, but an analogy none the less)

Was she using the schools Twitter account?
    How many followers does the account have?
    I think the case could be made that she affected the business. The extent of the effect could be argued but not the effect itself.

especially if it was the school account.......settlement written all over that

You have to prove injury or loss, based solely on that tweet.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You have to prove injury or loss, based solely on that tweet.

There was certainly injury/loss. The business was forced to close down for a number of days.

But this tweet was only a part of the reason, and quantifying the relative liability of that tweet, with respect to all of the other threats/causes of harm, would be near-impossible.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    From a friend who lived in that area, it wasn’t that great of a place to start. It was average pizza and the store sold drinks in a can, they didn’t have a machine.

I guess that explains part of it, but they got $800K.... that's a LOT of upgrades.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Someone on the radio said they were wanting to retire.

$800K isn't chump change, but it doesn't buy a whole lot o' retirement these days. If someone needs to be in a skilled nursing facility, that will last about eight years.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    $800K isn't chump change, but it doesn't buy a whole lot o' retirement these days. If someone needs to be in a skilled nursing facility, that will last about eight years.
    If you are close to retirement anyway, it could make a big difference. I am close enough that $800k would give me enough cushion to get by on...

My grandma skimped and saved all of her life and had a pretty nice nest egg put away. She ended up in the same nursing home and getting the same care as one of Dad's aunts that never saved up a dime. One of them was paying for it out of their bank account, the other was on Medicaid/Medicare.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

...but long-term care insurance, not that expensive.

$800,000 grand invest decently can produce a decent monthly income, plus SS, plus whatever savings or pensions, or both.

Hey, donate the money with no strings and it's their money and their business.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    ...but long-term care insurance, not that expensive.

$800,000 grand invest decently can produce a decent monthly income, plus SS, plus whatever savings or pensions, or both.

Hey, donate the money with no strings and it's their money and their business.

Memories Pizza - Living up to their name.

Spending 800,000 sounds fun.
    I'm sure their Blood Sucking Lawyers had something to do with it. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom