• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Kicking someone's rump and seeking help in burning down a business are completely different and far apart.
    I would have to take a threat like that very seriously and implement precautions that would protect my livelihood and property.
    She should be charged and let all the facts be presented. Not just on what's coming from a media source.

Something else that needs to be considered....her tweet fueled the fires, so to speak, and was probably key to some of the other threats that began to pour in after she hit the twitter-sphere with her hate filled diatribe. They got death threats, they got threats of being robbed, beaten...etc etc

So should she face some criminal charges? I just don't know...I'd lean toward yes, possibly fines and community service.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kicking someone's rump and seeking help in burning down a business are completely different and far apart.
    I would have to take a threat like that very seriously and implement precautions that would protect my livelihood and property.
    She should be charged and let all the facts be presented. Not just on what's coming from a media source.

How so?

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I went to Memories Pizza for dinner last week.
    I had work near Walkerton and thought I would give them a little business.
    the place was not at all what I expected.
    It should be called Memories Ice Cream, and we also have Pizza.
    I drove by it twice looking for it before I figured out where it was.
    I was looking for a typical "pizza joint" and that's not what it looks like at all.
    If I had not been looking for it, I would have driven past and never knew it was there.
    It's in an old downtown row building that's about 20 feet wide and 50-60 feet deep to the back of the kitchen.
    If it burnt down, 3 or 4 other business would probably be burnt down too.
    Looks like a 1950-60's ice cream shop and the last place in the world anybody would walk into looking for catering services for a wedding.
    It's a place you take your little league baseball team for pizza and ice cream after the game on Saturday afternoon.

Memories Pizza seats about 30 maybe but 80% or more of their business is take out.
    They don't even have soda fountains. They sell cans of pop & 2 liters.
    Pretty good Pizza too. Nothing spectacular or gourmet, just good hand made pizza.
    I got the 12" thin crust with pepperoni and Italian sausage and 2 cans of pop.
    The pizza was $9 + $.50 each for the cans of pop. Very good prices.
    Extremely nice people and the place had a great small town wholesome vibe that I really enjoyed.
    I will go back again next time I'm in the area.

Very cool, thanks for the post.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Glad she's fired. Her threats were uncool, but not sure they were worthy of jail time...but hey, if they want to toss her in the graybar hotel, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Oh, grey bar hotel.

I totally read this differently.

And I wouldn't lose sleep either, but I really love sleep. I would be really, really upset about that slide down the slippery slope.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    We happened to be up in Walkerton over Easter weekend and ended up driving through "downtown" Walkerton. Didn't see Memories, but then it was late and everything was closed when we went through.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think the damage is done to her in the non court system already. Someone will google her name if she is applying for a job and find these stories. Remember the big corp. management guy who berated a Chik Fil A employee? He is jobless and living on welfare, he was fired from the job he was at when he did it, then got another job. The new job internet searched him and immediately fired him. Being an idiot and idiotic actions have a lasting affect on people sometimes.

I agree on the criminal charges part, she has already been convicted in the court of public opinion and sentenced via her job. I was just glad the school corp. didn't just sweep this under the rug like the CBS station did in Virginia with an employee who voiced her opinion of the pizza place (which wouldn't have been a big deal if she(m) hadn't put where she worked on twitter. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but if you work in the media, you have to be careful what you put about employment on social media {I don't have any employers listed on facebook or twitter}).

And now would be a good time to plug this book:
    So You've Been Publicly Shamed, by Jon Ronson

Yes, public shamings like this are the modern day equivalent of the pillory*.

Her career and reputation have been destroyed and half of you are calling for felony charges, and for what? A stupid Tweet? Was it stupid? Absolutely. Was she serious? I doubt it. I'd imagine that most threats are not serious but puffery and bravado.

In fact, here on INGO I've read far worse things being called for on the anti's. Where's you outrage on that? INGO is far from blind when it comes to justice. Liberal? Crucify them! Conservative? It was a mistake...

We don't want to be fired for having an AR-15 in our trunk at work, but we want to be fired for a single Tweet? :dunno:

If I was a Facebooker or Tweeter, I be telling myself, "There but for the grace of God, go I".

* often incorrectly called a "stockade".

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Could Memories Pizza sue her?
    I think they would have a hard time proving any harm she caused, but if a lawyer sees a way, they could.
    Did she contribute to the loss of income by inciting others

Can you prove that? You need proof that their sales were negatively impacted from this. Simply showing a decrease in profit wouldn't be enough to pin the cause on the (former) coach. And, IANAL, so I'm not even sure that a verdict could be granted even if you did prove it.

I can give ancedotal evidence that her Tweet increased their sales. Heck, the INGO tin-foilers should be shouting, "False Flag!!!!!"

And really, is this what you want? A lawsuit? If I tweet that hate Subway (which I do), should I have to defend that right in a court of law? Because that where you're heading, D-Ric.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The Northwest Indiana Gazette | Threatening E-Mail Leads to Criminal Charges for Clark HS Student
    ” . . .so it came to my understanding that you have been on many of your students **** list. Following the requests of these peers, I have brought it upon myself to let you know that something big is coming your way. Now don’t be surprised, this could have all been avoided if your behaviors had been any different and this is in no wa is a threat nor are you the only one. I am merely insisting that actions be taken to prevent any irrlevances.”
    http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_33981c54-f1b8-5270-b89e-428d5262ce23.html
    David Flores, 18, of Hammond, was charged last week with intimidation, a Level 6 felony.
    Michigan City teen arrested in Facebook threats case

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

What's your point? That threats can lead to prosecution?

This student seems to be (1) targeting a specific idividual in a very direct way, (2) working hard to hide this identity, (3) it's directed to a school teacher.

I would expect charges to be dropped or reduced.

Meanwhile, in the comments:
    Scumbag. Throw his worthless ass in prison. Nobody will miss this bully.
    :rolleyes:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would....The thought of credible threats to burn down our gun shop makes my mouth water.....

I would post in INGO classifieds..

Help Wanted: Need a posse of Southern Indiana INGO members to be well armed to react to a threat made on your Clubhouse....Canadians from Indy are welcome but must supply their own gas for the trip down....Appropriate ammo will be provided along with T Shirts and cheesy CCW/LTCH Gold badges on chains....:)

You have ammo for us Canadians?? You know we shoot some weird stuff... :):

Top Bottom