• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That whole Memories Pizza story was a complete non-story.

Do the J schools teach classes in "ambush by far-fetched hypothetical"?

...and I would have a tendency to agree that suggesting arson as a form of protesting someone else's beliefs probably does not represent what we want out of people we trust our children to.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Seems to be a common theme these days, a la Michael Browns dad. Of course, nobody actually is crazy enough to do it except fans from philly and Boston. But they're more into cars.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The St. Joesph County prosecutor is looking into criminal charges. So non-story or not, her actions (words) have consequences. I agree with the schools action.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The original "story" is a non-story. No one was denied anything and there's no law forcing anyone to cater a same sex wedding. There's just nothing there.

...and getting a small pizza place in Walkerton to cater your gay wedding...let's just say that if that's really a thing, everything I've been led to believe about the quality of celebrations gays demand has been a lie.

Anyhoo, tweeting something as a hateful pile-on is one thing, inciting is another. Criminal charges? C'mon.

Wait, female golf and softball coach upset about RFRA.....I guess that makes sense.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Jess_dooley.jpg

I agree with the firing. Criminal charges are a bit much.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Anyhoo, tweeting something as a hateful pile-on is one thing, inciting is another. Criminal charges? C'mon.

I agree. If not for her job as a teacher and coach of children, I wouldn't even want to see her fired.

If interwebz asshattery is a crime, INGO membership is goin off a cliff.:laugh:

Makes even more sense now.

Clears things right up, don't it?;)

I would also add, the Concord school board is probably not feeling as tolerant of the LGBT community as many would like them to be. Another female coach is currently awaiting trial for having a sexual relationship with a girls soccer player.

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Glad she's fired. Her threats were uncool, but not sure they were worthy of jail time...but hey, if they want to toss her in the graybar hotel, I won't lose any sleep over it.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Fired, absolutely. Criminal charges? If there's any there, pursue and prosecute them.

The libtards have finally gone over the edge and it would appear pursuing charges and prosecution is about the only weigh to temper their stupidity.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I remember, when I first started my career with my employer, and reading through the handbook, I came across the language that (in so many words) said, 'if you do anything that embarrasses us, we reserve the right of discipline which could include termination'. I would bet a lot of employers have something similar in their handbooks. If I called for felonies to be visited on others, I think I'd expect my job to be in serious jeopardy.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Do any of you think you could get away without criminal charges, for making a similar tweet about this coach's house?

My guess is, you'd be up on every kind of hate-crime charge they could think up.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do any of you think you could get away without criminal charges, for making a similar tweet about this coach's house?

My guess is, you'd be up on every kind of hate-crime charge they could think up.

Yes. There's no criminal act here.

Top Bottom