• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I know its kind of late in the day, but my son and I will be going to the DNR range in Huntington (Roush Lake) for some spring break range time. We will be taking his Remington 597 and my Ruger Mini 14, M1 Garand, & Kimber TLE Custom II.

If any one is looking to go, we will be there around 10ish. :ingo:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    We had an awesome day, little windy but not to bad. We spent just under 3 hours there.

Shot 40 Rd's through the M1 Garand, 100 Rd's through the Ruger Mini 14, 100 Rd's through the Kimber TLE Custom II, 100 Rd's through the Glock 26, and just over 400 Rd's through the Remington 597 (My son shot all those, he did offer me one time to shoot his 597, but it was with a look like you really don't want to do you :D).

He also helped me with 1 clip through the Garand and shot the 100 Rd's through the G26.

We got home and today was the day that he learned to field strip the Glock 26, clean it, and put it back together. He is like his old man, a little warped, since he admitted to enjoying cleaning it. :D

salamander42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like a good time!

FWIW, I enjoy cleaning my guns too. I also enjoy re-stringing my guitar. I guess when it's related to something you really like, tasks that might otherwise be tedious and/or boring become relaxing and enjoyable instead.

Top Bottom