Going on a trip without a Firearm SUCKS!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    Recently took a trip to MO...contacted the MO State Police because I was waiting for my LTCH, but had an email from the IN State Police saying I was okay while waiting on renewal. Anyway, they were quite polite in their communication but advised me not to carry on my person. Not a huge deal as they said I was good to go with a loaded firearm in the car - no license required! Good luck OP - it certainly is difficult to keep the details of each state straight.

Houdinih

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    In a Van Down By The River
    Thanks for all the replies! I'm not sure where Ohio came into my OP but I'm going the other direction. After reading about the poor sap in MA. I'm not going to take a handgun with me. I don't want to become a resident of the government in Iowa. I just don't understand why LTCH isn't observed by all the states. My driver's License works in all 50 states. Vehicles are just as dangerous. I have an LTCH in Indiana so I don't really want to spend the extra money for a UT non resident permit. I never thought about bringing my SKS or Mini with me, but that is an Idea. I could be seen as a wierdo by the sheep where I'll be staying if I come toating in a rifle for protection. I'd get the last laugh if I needed it though. The best part of the story is I'm staying with some friends who have a house in Iowa, but live in CA. Last year while we were there they went to a garage sale and bought a few old shotguns to take home. I was pissed I didn't go with them. 3 shotguns for under $200. one was a Stanely! They were floored on how easy it was. They commented that "back home they wouldn't be able to take the firearm home for a week or so, let aknown buy one at a garage sale".

fwacfred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    MYRTLE BEACH
    You guys must have alot of money for these things, I was doing good to get my In LTCH!!

Don't know if PA has changed yet, but it was only $26 to get it through the mail last year. Centre County Sheriff is where I got mine from. Easy to get. I also have the NH which cost about the same. NH just went to $100 not to long ago.

Top Bottom