• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I'm looking for a SD40VE for my first handgun, just wondered if anybody has seen current prices, I don't want to get my hopes smashed, although I have a feeling I'm going to:laugh:

sbnewsom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    St. John
    A buddy of mine picked one up from C&C in clermont about 2 weeks ago for $375 I believe. Not sure if this is a good deal or not.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    A buddy of mine picked one up from C&C in clermont about 2 weeks ago for $375 I believe. Not sure if this is a good deal or not.

I don't know, msrp is $379, so at least it's not full list price? All ive seen online is either $299 or out of stock, and the 299 is at a store that's all over the south, but nothing in Indiana!

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Good luck on seeing any pistols in the cases around Indianapolis. Ft Liberty had around 5 on Monday.The most I've seen this week was in a little shop over in Terra Haute that had about 30 guns. (more than I've seen in all the shops in Indy combined) I'd save the gas and call first.

nj4020

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    A buddy bought one at Archer's Spot in Bloomfield. They had the cheapest price I'd seen anywhere. That was a couple weeks ago. You can make a road trip that direction and hit several shops from there to Linton to Terre Haute. Good luck and have fun.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    A buddy bought one at Archer's Spot in Bloomfield. They had the cheapest price I'd seen anywhere. That was a couple weeks ago. You can make a road trip that direction and hit several shops from there to Linton to Terre Haute. Good luck and have fun.

Thanks, but I have to have something on the agenda to entertain the wife to... Gotta play nice when we are trying to spend triple digits:rolleyes:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Good luck on seeing any pistols in the cases around Indianapolis. Ft Liberty had around 5 on Monday.The most I've seen this week was in a little shop over in Terra Haute that had about 30 guns. (more than I've seen in all the shops in Indy combined) I'd save the gas and call first.

You sir are what kids these days call a buzz kill... We are going up that way, so I figure I'll stop and look around a little, maybe hit brownsburg just for s&g's.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Yep

If thats the one you want, then buy it...dont look back...happy hunting
    Best advice you can get. You can spend hours of wasted time reading pro & con on the net, but the only real measure is if YOU are satisfied. Good news is, with this current gun market, if you decide you don't like it, you can turn it pretty quickly. You won't really know until you get one in your hand to see if it "fits". Then, the final test will be shooting it. Buy to please yourself, no one else (well, maybe the wife).

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Best advice you can get. You can spend hours of wasted time reading pro & con on the net, but the only real measure is if YOU are satisfied. Good news is, with this current gun market, if you decide you don't like it, you can turn it pretty quickly. You won't really know until you get one in your hand to see if it "fits". Then, the final test will be shooting it. Buy to please yourself, no one else (well, maybe the wife).

Well, I like the looks of the sd, and I've read several good reviews, and it seems like a good place to start, an entry level pistol you could say? Problem is, I'm not going to get to go today, we had something come up, so I guess I save for a couple more weeks...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, I like the looks of the sd, and I've read several good reviews, and it seems like a good place to start, an entry level pistol you could say? Problem is, I'm not going to get to go today, we had something come up, so I guess I save for a couple more weeks...

Dude, if it is what you want, order it from PSA (link posted previously)

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Dude, if it is what you want, order it from PSA (link posted previously)

By the time I pay shipping, transfers, and $349 for the gun itself, it will cost just as much, or more, as it would buying from a store. I understand its in stock at psa, I'm not in a big hurry, I've got money set aside for it, so it's not going anywhere. Thanks for the link though, I do appreciate it.

nj4020

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    Treat the better half to a day of shopping or movies with her friends. You can grab a buddy and take a road trip yourself, and probably be home before the ladies. Pick a direction, do a little research, fill the tank, and have a good time. Good luck.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Well, I got to at least go look, didnt buy anything though. I hey fort liberty first, they actually had 1 sd40 in stock and two 9mm's. I was going to just put the 40 in layaway since I didn't have enough on me to buy it but I was told they aren't doing layaway for now until things calm down, kind of a bummer but I understand, hit up pss next, bob told me he just sold his last one 15 minutes before I came in, but a very pleasant experiance at both stores, contrary from what I've heard from some people, but I didn't ask many questions, just said ok cool and thanks and got out of the buying publics way.

Top Bottom