• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yesterday I helped a friend of mine pick up an above ground pool and deliver it to his house.
    One of my customers just wanted it gone.
    My friend plans to set it up for use.
    I heard this this morning and called to tell him to be careful where/how he runs the power wires.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Also reminds me.
    If you want to see a good thriller movie, seach out "A shock to the system".
    I believe it stars Michael Cain

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    The replies to the article have it. It did not have a working GFCI outlet for the pool. Someone cutting corners.

Reminds me of a story. A friend of mine got a 120 volt hot tub. I installed a separate 120 volt outlet for it with a GFCI outlet. It was running for a few weeks. He called me up and said the outlet I put in was bad. I said are you sure?? Yea, it keeps shutting off. Then he said his son ran an extension cord to another outlet and the hot tub runs fine. (Before I could say much) I said what happened?? He said his son touched the water and was electrocuted. I told him the outlet I put in must be working.

Good his son lived. The circulation pump motor shorted out.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    A wire on a pool pump was pinched…..

I say

No, gfi after the pool light, to the equiptment and the pool lights housing or cord was compromised.
    or
    A “plug in” pool pump has a short and the ground is wet while no GFI is present.

I warn many many customers, especially abvg pool owners about running ext cords around the property to the pool pump. Lights, pumps, generators HAVE to have a way to trip.

Last edited:

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I warn many many customers, especially abvg pool owners about running ext cords around the property to the pool pump. Lights, pumps, generators HAVE to have a way to trip.
    Trip with GFCI protection. Problem is most people don't care as long as it works. Then when something bad happens...

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yesterday I helped a friend of mine pick up an above ground pool and deliver it to his house.
    One of my customers just wanted it gone.
    My friend plans to set it up for use.
    I heard this this morning and called to tell him to be careful where/how he runs the power wires.
    Line and Load...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So did the definition change? Electrocute used to mean to kill, exclusively. (at least the AHD4 defines it as such)

Top Bottom