• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    In reading through the "mess" from the past couple of days, I've ran across the Letters GOA a couple of times, usually based around a sentence like "I belong to the NRA and The GOA. Googled it and found out its the Gun Owners of America. Looked at their website and they seem legit. Thought? Comments? Good place to spend 20 bucks for a membership??

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    According to the GOA website, they weren't even invited to Biden's little party. Are they even a player in this? I want to put my money with organizations capable of making a difference.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    According to the GOA website, they weren't even invited to Biden's little party. Are they even a player in this? I want to put my money with organizations capable of making a difference.

Actually, in many ways joining as many organizations as you can helps because you can only join the NRA once.

But yes, the GOA is a far more effective lobby than just one person alone, and the more people who join the more effective it is.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Yep, the GOA deserves your donation; so does the SAF. I suspect the GOA didn't get an invite to Biden's party because the antis don't want the GOA to become a better known organization than it currently is.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    GOA

I'm a member of both GOA & NRA. I've been an NRA member for some time but just joined GOA last month. They do seem more aggressive but I think it's just a style thing. The GOA did slightly P me O right off the bat, though. The first email I got from them included their top dog taking a shot at the NRA. At a time when we really need to stick together, I think it was stupid to badmouth an ally even if it's only to your membership. I sent them an email to let them know my original membership fee would be my last membership fee if they continue to have trouble identifying the enemy.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    These guys have been called extreme too.

Mind you, I do not condone or condemn them. I'm just offering it for your consideration.

Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership

I just recalled an intriguing question I heard a while back, and posting the above link reminded me of it.

"How far do you think Hitler would have gotten if all the Jews he encountered had been armed?"

Last edited:

Loc n load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    GOA

Larry Pratt - CEO of GOA has been on several talk shows the past week and has represented gun owners admirably.....GOA deserves your support as does the Second Admendment Foundation. The SAF is the group that has achieved victory in the courts, including the recent supreme court decision, and the more recent Illinois supreme court decision...I support both and am a NRA lifer.

rherron9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    i'm a member of NRA, GOA, and NAGR ( National Association for Gun Rights) check them out if you haven't yet

Top Bottom