• ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    The winner for June is NateIU10.

Hey all.

Over a year ago, I ran an NRA membership drive at a non-firearm related site with great success so I think I'll try a GOA membership drive here, but in a smaller scale (due to a new job and restricted budget).

I am a life member of the NRA and GOA. The least I can do now is recruit more members. Here are the rules (I will steal Shay's idea on qualification):

Who is eligible?
    Anyone who has been a member of this board for more than a month. Participants will PM me one paragraph or two on the Right to keep and bear arms. The member must not be a current or former member of the GOA.

How will current or former GOA membership status be verified for eligibility?
    Honor system.

Who will make the selection?
    I will, based on your writing's relevancy, clarity, and analytical thinking. I may also take into account your general posting habits.

When will the selection take place?
    On the first of every month.

How many members will be selected?
    For now, one every month.

How long will this go on?
    Not sure, but I reserve the right to terminate it at any time for any reason without providing any explanation.

How will the transaction be done?
    I am not sure on this yet and I am open to suggestions. When I did the NRA membership drive, I was able to use the Sign a Friend feature on the NRA's website. GOA does not have this and I don't know if a receipt with my credit card number will be sent to the new member. One option is mailing a money order to the member who in return will scan and e-mail me the registration receipt.

This post will be edited with all the applicants and winners regularly.

You may apply now. :)

Last edited:

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Bump to the first page.

SilentWarrior1, if you sent a PM to apply, I have not received it.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I just received a PM from a member asking clarification so I'll just answer it here, in the open, in case more people are confused.

Guess I'm not clear on this offer. Is this a discount on a membership, if so how much is it etc.

GOA memberships are annual or lifetime. I will buy you an annual membership. You do not have to pay anything.

I hope the above clarifies any ambiguity.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thats awesome! I bought my parents memberships last year to try and bolster the GOA.

I figured I had to do something, without the GOA to keep the nra honest we'd be totally f'ed.

I hope you can keep this up forever!
    :cheers:

Top Bottom