• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Oops

Can somebody change the title of the OP to Go Home Boilers?

I've seen a lot of what I thought was questionable officiating in the games so far. Not one-sided, just not very good!

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    They so should've had that one. Typical of their whole season really, have a good-sized lead but unable to finish it off. Gotta give them credit though, they played a hell of a game and it was a lot closer than anyone thought it would be.

mizzi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!!!

Could of had 4 big ten teams in the final four... the Hoosiers, badgers, and spartans then the boiler spoiler.

And no I was not considering the... well, I'm not even going to mention their name. Makes my tongue taste bad.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    They so should've had that one. Typical of their whole season really, have a good-sized lead but unable to finish it off. Gotta give them credit though, they played a hell of a game and it was a lot closer than anyone thought it would be.

Purdue had their chances late, but they turned the ball over and they still got a pretty solid look at the end for Hummel but the shot didn't fall. Kansas is one of the best teams in the country and Purdue went toe-to-toe with them all game.

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    The worst part is that they would've had the #11 seed NC St. which I think they would've won. And then a possible matchup with #1 UNC which could be down a key player with a broken wrist.

But like someone said, they just seemed to sputter at the end like so many games this year. I'm not completely an IU hater, I hope they continue to win.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, they did a lot better this year than I'd thought they would. Tough to see Hummel finally go. I think it will be a while before Purdue sees another tournament, or conference success. BTW, at the risk of sidetracking the thread, the Hoosier fan comments in this thread... are those coming from the typical 90% of Hoosier fans who have never set foot on campus, and brag about how they bleed cream and crimson until football season when that blood magically turns "Golden Domer" gold?

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    90% of Hoosier fans who have never set foot on campus, and brag about how they bleed cream and crimson until football season when that blood magically turns "Golden Domer" gold?

I (and several K of my dollars) have more than "set foot" on campus, and I make no secret of the fact that I always have been, am, and always will be, an IU basketball fan and a Notre Dame football fan. That is as it was meant to be. You can look it up in Saint Paul's second letter to the NCAA (which is one of the lesser known books of the Apocrypha). :D

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I suffer through football season as a Hoosier fan. When I was there in the 80's, I had no idea those would be the "salad days" of Indiana football.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Two favorite teams are IU and whoever's playing Purdue... don't hate, just the way I grew up, having a houseful of PU engineers across the road.

Lot's of my former co-workers at Lilly LOVED to give me crap over all the shiz with Davis/Sampson and told me I was CRAZY when I said IU would hang a sixth before PU would hang one. Guessing that was Hummel's freshman year. They talked a lot of smack when Maurice Creek when down with a knee injury, saying "one guy" wouldn't make the difference. Guess karma bit that ass when Hummel injured his...

I will always be an IU basketball fan, to me it's a sports team, no different that rooting for the Colts or Pacers.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    No matter who you root for Hummel is a class act. It would have been exciting to see what would have happened if hadn't gotten injured while they had JaJuan Johnson and E'Twaun Moore on the team.

Top Bottom