• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The family was in Greenwood earlier tonight and while the wife shopped the kids and I headed over to Gander Mountain and look around. I couldnt believe the ammo prices!!!!

I knew they were always high.... but man!!!! $179.00 for a 200 rnd value pack of commercial .223!!!! Thats $895.00 for a 1000 rnds!!! And I had trouble unloading 900 rnds for $350!!!

Actually they had a decent price on an EoTech and my son got some tshirts for $4.95 on clearance...... But I sure couldnt afford any ammo from there.:n00b::n00b::n00b:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    GM Corporate sets the price of everything as far as I know. Those GM executives need to get with reality. They are at MSRP or a bit higher on most everything in their store.

GM advertises that they sell more guns in the US than anyone else. Really, with their prices I really don't see how that is true.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    GM Corporate sets the price of everything as far as I know. Those GM executives need to get with reality. They are at MSRP or a bit higher on most everything in their store.

GM advertises that they sell more guns in the US than anyone else. Really, with their prices I really don't see how that is true.

I think it must be due to the amount of stores they have.

On many things, especially ammo, their prices border on ridiculous!

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Blazer brass 9mm is only $29.99 a box of 50. so only 300% more then walmart

redrob5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    I was in the Castlelton store this afternoon. I could not believe their prices. I saw a lot of people walking out empty handed, which is not surprising.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Thanks to government involvement, we will have to deal with Gander Mountain for a while. Just before the government bailout of the banks, their stock was under $1/share and they were not doing well at all. The stock is back up to the $6.00 range and their quarterly data shows they are in the positive. Of course what will be telling is what happens over the next few months. I find their prices laughable, as on most things I can find stuff on-line much cheaper, even if you factor in S&H. I do like Gander Mountain as they filled a hole left by the demise of Galyan's. Dick's is a sporting goods store first, outdoors store last.

My guess is that the massive sales in firearms has something to do with Gander's positive numbers.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    went to the castelton g mountain yesterday to pick up a bore snake for 14 bux (i love it) and saw they had a 25 round box of remington 45 autos for 40 bux

Top Bottom