• ...and so much more!
  • avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    ***this is not a classifieds ad***

I want a gun that's had some rounds through it, rather than buying brand new. Eliminates some of the break-in :dunno:

Got two options to buy here; and however impatient it may seem, I want to know by tonight which one opinions give that is better. :D

[STRIKE]
    Option 1 $540 (+$15 FFL fee) - Glock 19 Gen3 EXO / Nickel Boron edition w/ Ghost 3.5# Ultimate Trigger kit, extended slide release, Trijicon Night Sights, 1x 15 round magazine
    [/STRIKE]

Option 2 $420 (no fee FTF) - Glock 19 Gen3, bone stock factory gun with both original 15 round magazines. This thing is mine now. Thanks INGO :)

Personally, I love Glocks and I want one again - I would be installing night sights anyway - and I do love the Nickel Boron coating on Glocks (owned a NiBX G23 Gen4 before, was amazing :yesway:)

So obviously I'm steering toward Option 1, I have exactly as much cash to play with this week to afford it. It would be nice however to have not go gun-less and cash-less. Also want to mention I have a Glock 19 Gen3 bone factory, brand-new on layaway at a LGS, that I'm paying on for my wife (surprise gift =D).

Too many decisions for one man to make.

Considering Exo coating is $125 plus shipping...

There's +1 towards Option 1 ^_^

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I like my stock G19 with Trijicon night sights. I've carried it a lot and you can't tell. But I really don't change anything on my Glocks besides sights, they work well stock. :yesway:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Regarding the difference between a new and used Glock. My first was a police surplus G19, then I got a NIB G27 (which I still have). Recently I bought a (presumably) police surplus G21. Both the G19 and G21 had been fired enough that they have smooth actions and nice triggers. My G27, for all the years I've carried it, still hasn't been shot enough to be as smooth as I remember the G19 and as my current G21 is.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You break in a Glock by shooting it.

I got a NIB G29sf a few months ago and shot it side by side with my G29 I've used as EDC for 14 years now and has who knows how many thousands of rounds through it with only once replacing the recoil spring assembly.

Other than the trigger on my older one being smoother, I could tell no difference at all and both have worked flawlessly from day one.

Buy what you want, shoot the hell out of it.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    I would go with option #1 ONLY if you KNOW that you like those additions/modifications. A one-stop-shop would save you the hassle of having to get them yourself.

Otherwise, I'm normally a proponent of bare bones firearms and doing additions or modifications as you learn what you like and "need".

Southwind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    SW Indiana
    If one has a serial number beginning with something earlier than "N", that's the one I would get. With newer ones (mine included), it is a crapshoot whether ejection will be OK or erratic including brass to the face. (Google "glock brass to face")

Problem seemed to start with the "N" models and continues to this day, including the Gen 4 guns. One speculation is that it is due to Glock's change fron investment casting to Metal Injection Molding for the extractor.

That said, many of the new ones perform just fine. And you can barely see the burn mark now where the hot brass lodged between my glasses and my forehead.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My process would go like this:

#2 if it is pre 2010, or if #1 has any other mods (polishing, springs, etc) except the ghost trigger bar.

#1 depending on the internals, I dont want anything worked on by someone I don't trust. Are you sure they are trijicon sights and not ameriglo i-dots (excellent sights) stamped trijicon bc of the tritium vials? (you're going to pay to add NS to the stock g19 anyhow).
    Glock mags are $22 shipped all day long, I would replace the mags if buying used, or at very least replace the springs with Wolff +10% Springs (NOT lone wolf)

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    You know, after some insight & input I'm thinking the $420 local is the most tempting of the two of them.

No FFL / No wait / Cheaper / I do like them factory. And I don't know 1.) the age of the Trijicons, the Mfr. of the actual sights .... I don't even know if the previous owner modified the gun himself at all. Just sounds bad - I've seen the G19 and it's like new. #2 and final: according to what I've read with manufacturing date(s), the choice #1 seemed lesser a good decision as I called Glock and it was born on November 10, 2010.

THANK YOU INGO!

... now to explain to my wife why I'm so late getting home tonight

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    #2 if it is pre 2010, or if #1 has any other mods (polishing, springs, etc) except the ghost trigger bar.

The stock Glock was not a pre-2012, it's a November 2011.

:dunno: I saved a damn good chunk of change and it feels great in the hand - and to boot it's never been fired, the other one had been. So yeah, it's home with me now :D:D:D

+Rep for bringing to light about the mods being done - it's scary to think that I could have been buying a Glock with non-profesionally-done mods. Sometimes of which can void warranties.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Thanks again for the decision INGO. Added ext. slide release, reduced power spring kit, Ghost 3.5# "Ultimate Trigger Connector" and an AmeriGlo GL-212-GR-Q front sight. It shoots great and I couldn't be happier.

2012-08-04_21-59-40_966.jpg

Top Bottom