• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocSkunk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Kendallville
    Ok this may seem like a odd topic, and i know there are a few glock people on here. I will be getting my first glock in 8 or so days after waiting 90 days for the darn thing. Last time i order anything from that slow company. Any ways i bought a Glock 17 and it will be a range gun(i dont trust any semi auto for my life) but i wanted to put a white stripe down the center of the slide from fount site post to rear. not very big either. I want something that will last and not peal off and handle going in and out of a serpa holster. Not sure what paint i should use. If anyone has any advice please let me know. And if your still wondering why only a white stripe i only point to my name lol

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    I have no knowledge regarding your question, but would love to see some pics when you're done wih your customizations.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I'm with Consrtuctionist, I want to see pics when finished. Sounds like a cool ideal.

And I don't understand why it would take 90 days to get such a common handgun???

DocSkunk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Kendallville
    i guess they are that backordered, when i called the first time they said 90 days. i called a month later the bumped it up to 150 days without ever telling me, i complained and said i want my money back or speed it up and they moved it back to 90 and 10 days sooner. Duracoat huh, sounds expensive and i am doing this myself not sending it in and paying out the bum to just put one small stripe down the middle with a fur look to it.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    i guess they are that backordered, when i called the first time they said 90 days. i called a month later the bumped it up to 150 days without ever telling me, i complained and said i want my money back or speed it up and they moved it back to 90 and 10 days sooner. Duracoat huh, sounds expensive and i am doing this myself not sending it in and paying out the bum to just put one small stripe down the middle with a fur look to it.

It's really not that expensive and it will stand up to the solvents used in gun cleaning products. I did an old Sig with Duracoat and it looked great when finished.

Here's a link
    Manufacturer of DuraCoat Firearm Finishes:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Don't know the price of duracoat but think fingernail polish would work also along with auto touchup paint for a little cheaper.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

You can buy Glock 17's all day down here. Walk in and walk out with one. That's a crazy wait.

DocSkunk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Kendallville
    You can buy Glock 17's all day down here. Walk in and walk out with one. That's a crazy wait.

ya i can do the same, but i bought it for $408 so the price was kinda worth the wait. Its a brand new, build just for me Gen 3 glock 17 and i have 7 more days till i get it.

I like the idea of fingernail polish, but my whole concern is to make sure it dosnt come off, rub off, flake off after long use. A one shot deal is what i want. i think duracote is my best bet but i have never done it before. is it hard?

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    ya i can do the same, but i bought it for $408 so the price was kinda worth the wait. Its a brand new, build just for me Gen 3 glock 17 and i have 7 more days till i get it.

I like the idea of fingernail polish, but my whole concern is to make sure it dosnt come off, rub off, flake off after long use. A one shot deal is what i want. i think duracote is my best bet but i have never done it before. is it hard?

$408? That is better than I can get them. Great price!!! Good luck on the paint job. Look forward to pic's when it is done.

DocSkunk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Kendallville
    I bought it from Gander Mountain, threw their employee perchance program. 20% off anything in the store(including ammo, excluding firearms) and 30% off anything gander mountain brand. Sadly i put in my 2 week notice from there, because my new job has me slammed with hours.

Top Bottom