• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoneWolf2554

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    NWI
    Was going to go out and shoot today so I was trying to load my magazines for my G22 and G27. For some reason the springs in 3 of my mags are getting stuck and I can't get a reliable hold for the rounds. Every week or two I will change out the mags that I carry in each gun so the springs wouldn't get worn out. I've had each of these Glocks for less than a year and they don't get used very often, just wondering if any other Glock owner has had a problem with their mags so soon...

(also thought about user error but my friend who is a longtime Glock owner also had issues with them)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Never a problem here, and I keep most of them loaded all the time.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

LoneWolf2554

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    NWI
    They should be clean, haven't taken them any place where they could get sand or extra dirt in them. But I'll see what I can do to clean them out.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I keep all my Glock mags loaded all the time and have yet to have a problem

Never a problem here, and I keep most of them loaded all the time.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

man i keep my factory mags always load and never hand a problem either

same with me

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I have no new advice to add (dirty or incorrectly assembled). Out of the dozens of Glock magazines I have owned, I only had one give me grief, one made for the G18. I guess the polymer or something not metallic was stuck on the inner wall of the magazine. The spring would get caught on it while shooting and when I was 15rds from empty (mind you this was a 33rd mag), the follower would dip and cause a horrible mis feed. Glock was quick to take care of the issue. So, if it is not dirty or if it assembled correctly, you might reach out to Glock or have a local armorer take a peak.

Good luck!

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Same here. No probs.

Pinky extensions or +1 or +2 extensions. Floor plate been tampered with and stuck in at a weird angle? My vote is pull them apart, clean them up and verify correct install and see what happens.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    First of all, are they factory magazines?
    If so, have you ever had them disassembled and-or made any modifications to them?
    If so, suggest you have a Glock armorer insect them.

I have never had an issues with any Glock magazines, much less an issue with multiple magazines, which leads me to suspect it is something you have done.

Here is the diagnostic check-down for any problems with any gun:
    S
    A
    M
    M

S: Shooter. The first thing to look at is yourself. The operator is the most common source of problems.
    A: Ammunition. Especially semi-autos are sensitive to ammunition issues, particularly reloaded ammunition.
    M: Maintenance. Dirty, poorly maintained guns can stop working properly.
    M: Mechanical--the gun itself. This is the last thing to suspect and only after the first three. Most folks, however, immediately tend to blame the gun (or, in this case, the magazines.)

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    FYI, the springs in a magazine do not wear out or lose tension when left loaded. Springs do not lose pressure when left in a compressed position or a extended position. All springs lose their tension as they work, in other words all the constant loading and unloading has done is to weaken the springs in your mag's not help them. Think of the valve springs in a car engine, how many are fully compressed when not running, how many vintage cars sit for years in storage then get a carb rebuilt fuel system flushed, oil changed and new plugs thrown in and driven. Mag springs are no different.

It is myth that leaving mags loaded hurts them.

Clean the mags, stop rotating them out and only unload them when you shoot them.

LoneWolf2554

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    NWI
    I haven't made any mods to the mags or even taken them apart. How much user error could there be while putting a round in there? I'll take them apart soon and give them a good cleaning.
    Many thanks to everyone who responded.

MadAngler1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    I have never had a problem with my factory G17 mags. I would disassemble your mags, clean them and check the springs. For all we know, your springs could be the culprit and just be plain bad from the factory. Wolff sells good replacement springs: Springs for GLOCK Semi-Auto Pistols

Top Bottom