• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Someone point me in the right direction.

I picked up some G22 mags for my G23. I have seen pictures of rubber sleeves/spacers to close the gap between the grip and floor plate of the mag.

It just seems to give it a more finished look. Where can I find something like this?

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    i tend to buy a lot of stuff that local shops usually dont have on amazon.com there are some on there now, seems like they used to have more. also try rockyourglock.com and glockstore.com. i havent used either one but they have a lot of accessories

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Re: Glock mag SLEEVE (?)

Don't do it !!

These things are just dangerous, and can cause your gun to fail to feed.

Honestly, do not put anything on to the body of the magazine. The extended length of a high cap magazine will do just find the way it hangs in your G23.

Show your Colts and Kimbers to your friends, show your Glock to your enemy.

TK

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Don't do it !!

These things are just dangerous, and can cause your gun to fail to feed.

Honestly, do not put anything on to the body of the magazine. The extended length of a high cap magazine will do just find the way it hangs in your G23.

Show your Colts and Kimbers to your friends, show your Glock to your enemy.
    :n00b:
    TK

Uh... No. No this isn't true. Hell, Springfield includes these mag extenders standard with compact XDs. So does Ruger. A bit of plastic on the outside of the mag base isn't going to harm function in any way.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Many of use these on our department and have no issues with them.

Here is a G22 mag with a sleeve to use in a G27

IMG_4913.jpg

There is a hole where a set screw can be installed to make it secure to the mag. I do not use it.

IMG_4915.jpg

The sleeve is a tight fit and only comes off when you need it to. I have to pull it off. It will not simply come off.

IMG_4917.jpg

Here is my G27 with a G23 mag and adpater in it. The 22 and sleeve are also in teh pic.

IMG_4919.jpg

The sleeve does not contact the gun in any way that would put stress on it to cause a malfunction. If you stuck a naked mag in you would probably cause more stress trying to get a good grip on it.

IMG_4921.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    They CAN indeed cause issues.

One training class I took, I was using a M&P9c. I had a few of the standard compact mags and a few standard sized mags.

I bought 2 X-Grips for the full sized mags.

Small issue: On a Fobus-brand double mag pouch, the X-Grips added enough bulk to the mags that I wasn't able to put two such-equipped mags into the Fobus.

Bigger issue: One one of the mags, the X-Grip would slide down as the mag rode in the mag carrier. Going to pull the mag and insert it into the gun now meant that the X-Grip was in the middle of the mag body.

While the X-Grip would fall down under it's own weight while I was walking around, I couldn't ever be guaranteed that the mag would slip by the X-Grip as I rammed the mag home. The combination of angles, forces, and hand position would sometimes mean that the magazine wouldn't ram 100% home every time.

The other mag + X-Grip combo - the X-Grip stayed at the base plate like it should.

So - if you buy an adapter or two - be sure they stay in place on the magazine. If they slide around - either make them stick somehow or replace it. Or use it for training only as another potential malfunction drill.

-J-

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    You can spend the money if you want to, but on the "full grip guns", like the G19/23 you don't really NEED one of these gap fillers. Actually many people prefer to/intentionally run the longer mag WITHOUT the gap filler - leaving some mag and the base plate more freely accessible for positive extraction (one-handed or otherwise).

Depending on how one shoots (i.e. your grip), the gap fillers can offer some functional benefit for the short grip guns like the G26/27. For those pistols, one's grip can change the alignment of the mag and cause malfunctions. Have seen it happen.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Something else in MY experience:

With the X-Grip + M&P9c - My pinky would get pinched between the X-Grip and the bottom of the mag well upon firing the gun. Just how my fingers fell. Not a huge deal all in all, but it was quite annoying.

-J-

Top Bottom