• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    i got my glock 19 used with an extended mag release. not a fan. anyone know where i can get a standard mag release to change it?

OR does anyone who lives in the bloomington area want an extended mag release and would like to swap me their standard one?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I don't have one but I can get on pretty quickly. I"m between Greenwood and Bargersville (very close to 144 and 37). PM me if you want me to check on price and exactly how long it would take to get it..
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Last edited:

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    i got my glock 19 used with an extended mag release. not a fan. anyone know where i can get a standard mag release to change it?

OR does anyone who lives in the bloomington area want an extended mag release and would like to swap me their standard one?
    I have a standard I would trade, but I'm in Indy. If you're going to make it up for the 1500 we might be able to meet up and trade.

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    Bradis probably has them. They'll most likely install it for free as well. Good luck!

I tend to avoid mixing bradis and handguns due to every time i go in there i get a speech from one of the old dudes about how my 20 year old self isnt actually allowed to carry until im 21 even though i have my LTCH.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I tend to avoid mixing bradis and handguns due to every time i go in there i get a speech from one of the old dudes about how my 20 year old self isnt actually allowed to carry until im 21 even though i have my LTCH.
    Not sure what this has to do with the OP needing a standard mag release for his Glock.

To the OP, feel free to stop by Bradis if you are near Camby. Call any gun shop in your area if they are too far. Or, if you can detail strip it, just order one and replace it yourself. Maybe you will change your mind later on.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy

Don't let that discourage you. They're great people and really are just trying to help.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Are you sure they said you can't carry, or did they say they can't hand you a handgun? You cannot buy a handgun (from a dealer) until you are 21, which means they may not be able to hand you one to fondle if you are under age.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    If it's the plastic extended mag release you could always just pull it out and sand it down to your liking. I had a model 19 and had Bradis install the extended release that turned out to be too long for my taste. I just pulled it out and sanded it to the lenght/shape I liked. Pretty simple process.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    If it's the plastic extended mag release you could always just pull it out and sand it down to your liking. I had a model 19 and had Bradis install the extended release that turned out to be too long for my taste. I just pulled it out and sanded it to the lenght/shape I liked. Pretty simple process.

If you are careful, the extended mag release doesn't even have to be removed to sand/grind/file it down a bit. It is, also, very easy to remove yourself!

Top Bottom