• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I want to start by saying,I'm not for or against Glocks but, I own one so this isn't a bashing post, just some "comments" from a coworker.(who obliviously,knows more than me) At work today,I'm thumbing thru a Glock catalog from The Glock Store when a coworker comes over and asks what I'm reading? Tell him "it's a Glock catalog" so, he asks if I have one? I tell him "ya,a model 19" Here we go, he proceeds to tell me how "Glocks are good guns but, in a gunfight, being as how they are all plastic, when they get hot, they jam". All I could do is look at him like,are you really that ignorant? Then he goes on to tell me that "most guys nowadays carry a chopper with 50 round clips" Yes,it's official, I work with the mentally challenged!

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    yea no basis whatsoever in that ridiculous ****. Ive shot the full auto Glock 18 and while it did get warm, nowhere close to melting. doubt there is a human alive who could get close to that speed with a semi auto

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Where tha heck do you work?!?

;)

Sometimes guys are just trying make conversation.

Other times they just want to be an authority on any given subject. It doesn't matter what the subject - pick anything. "I don't know" is not a part of their vocabulary.

Who makes, or what is this chopper with 50 round clips? Sounds titillating.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    i've personally went to the range and fired exactly 500 rounds through my 4th gen glock 22. and the gun was fine, i'd take him to the range and put your glock against gis "gun"

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im sure he has been in lots of gun fights.
    You should ask him next time and im sure he will have some great stories to share with you about his numerous gun fights in which he unloaded his 50 rounds clips so fast that his Glock melted.
    Im sure he's a wise guy who talks from experience, he's probably a former NAVY SEAL/green beret/CIA agent too.

Ronald

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Plenty of vids on youtube that prove him wrong. Heck, I remember one where they buried the gun in the dirt for awhile, dug it up and put 500 rounds through it as fast as they could pull the trigger and swap mags.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    This is how I keep my Glock cool.
    2yp0ju1.jpg

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Given my proximity to the GI, I am familiar with the term "chopper"
    Chopper is a slang term for a weapon that closely resembles an assault weapon as defined by the 1994 assault weapons ban, usually referring to a Kalishnikov pattern rifle.

(see also: heater, gat, piece, strap)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    "most guys nowadays carry a chopper with 50 round clips"

Anyone who uses that line with a serious face shouldn't be trusted to give out advice on fighting handguns (or just about anything else for that matter).

matthewdanger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hmmm, if a Glock with a plastic grip gets too hot during a gun fight, I wonder if guns with better grips made from better conductors like steel and aluminum. Perhaps your coworker prefers handguns made from asbestos...

Top Bottom