• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I just bought a Glock 22 Gen 4 and a Glock 23 Gen 4 and ain't had any problems with them but haven't had hardly any range time with them... Ive heard there was a recall on the Gen 4 9mm and 40 cal Glocks do to problems , I hope if there is any problems with mine they will fix them under the recall ???? I don't know if the guys I bought mind off of had already had them fixed or if there just wasn't anything wrong with mine..... From what I have read there was some issues with the springs but not all of them.... Any insight would help .... Looking for true insight, not just your two cents ..... Thx

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    If you just recently bought them, they should have already been fixed. I am under the impressions that any sitting in stores on the shelves would have been fixed by the shop prior to sale.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Well Im hopeing they were fixed before they were sold, I didn't get the Glock 23 at a gun shop but the Glock 22 was from a shop tho.... I don't really know when the recall was ? I mean I don't know how long ago they had the recall, I don't know if it was right after they started selling them or if it was sometime before they started seeing problems... I guess I will just wait and see if I have any problems then call Glock and see if they will fix them or not ? Maybe I will be lucky and the guy I got the 23 off of already had it fixed..... Thx adam for the positive insight..... Makes me feel a little better....

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Call Glock and give them the serial number. They'll be able to tell you any warranty work that was done on them. If they need anything, they'll take care if it for free, and if it's a true recall they might pay for postage to them as well.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I just bought a Glock 22 Gen 4 and a Glock 23 Gen 4 and ain't had any problems with them but haven't had hardly any range time with them... Ive heard there was a recall on the Gen 4 9mm and 40 cal Glocks do to problems , I hope if there is any problems with mine they will fix them under the recall ???? I don't know if the guys I bought mind off of had already had them fixed or if there just wasn't anything wrong with mine..... From what I have read there was some issues with the springs but not all of them.... Any insight would help .... Looking for true insight, not just your two cents ..... Thx

The recoil spring issue was only the 9mm.

I've not heard of any issues with .40SW Gen 4s.

My G22 Gen 4 was flawless.

The new dual recoil spring was a little bit too much for some of the weaker 9mm loads, so the gun didn't feed properly from not getting a full cycle.

.40SW guns should be fine unless you shoot some mouse fart handoads.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I bought a Gen4 19 in November of 2012. I registered the warranty with Glock and have gotten no notification of a recall.

FWIW Glock NEVER admits or calls it a recall, they refer to it as a "Product Upgrade" cases or in this one an "Product Exchange" Can't call it perfection with a recall now can you!!!

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    True, but not recalling a known safety issue is called negligence.....

From what I saw, only those manufactured before some date in 2011 were affected. My late 2012 purchase was already "perfected".

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I guess I dont get it. My gen 4 does just fine.

I like my Gen 4 just fine. Can't deny that the late model Gen 3's and early Gen 4's had some problems. Just recently reviewed my last year tax receipts. It looks like I shot roughly 12 cases of 9mm last year. (Down due to availability.) That is split up between a few guns but the majority were through my Gen 3 19 with the RMR, and the Gen 4 17. The dang Gen 3 19 constantly sprays me in the face with empties. The Gen 4 has been flawless.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I like my Gen 4 just fine. Can't deny that the late model Gen 3's and early Gen 4's had some problems. Just recently reviewed my last year tax receipts. It looks like I shot roughly 12 cases of 9mm last year. (Down due to availability.) That is split up between a few guns but the majority were through my Gen 3 19 with the RMR, and the Gen 4 17. The dang Gen 3 19 constantly sprays me in the face with empties. The Gen 4 has been flawless.

There's a pretty easy solution for getting brass in the face.

Correct your grip and stop limp wristing.

Top Bottom