• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ldhhumble

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Anyone gotten one of these yet? What seems to be an objective opinion?
    It seems the only opinions I can find are from people that already dislike Glocks anyway.

Last edited:

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I fondled one at the last 1500.

It wasn't bad, but they didn't take enough material off the backstrap, personally. They still have the Glock hump, which is one of the biggest detractors a lot of people have against them (myself included). They should have made the frame backstrap flat and had the option to add the hump with the additional backstraps. Some aren't a fan of the new dual spring assembly either. I'm up in the air about that. Could potentially lead to more (or easier) short-strokes if spring tension is higher and the parts from the last 25 years won't fit.

I'm still thinking of getting a G19, but I'm up in the air as to Gen 3 or Gen 4...

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I love Glocks, it is what I carry everyday and what I have for home defense. Personally the Gen 4 is not for me. I like the gen 3 and even the gen 2 better. I have handled several of the Gen 4s and just cannot see myself getting one. I am not saying there is anything wrong with them, just that they arent for me. I have talked to several owners and the only thing I know of is that a few people have had some FTE issues within the first 200 rounds. After that they said they have been fine.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    If i were to get one I'd have to take my wife's emry board to the grip. Too rough for my liking... Nice gun otherwise!

Are you sure you are thinking of the gen4 and not the gen 3 RTF models?
    Take a look at the slide serrations. The scalloped serrations are on the gen 3 RTF model, which has a very aggressive grip. I have one, and I am currently waiting on my IWB holster to arrive. Just as an experiment, empty of course, I mexican carried that thing and man it hurt! I sure hope my holster covers the grip well. The grip is too abrasive against skin.
    2205311230100259265S600x600Q85.jpg

EDIT: I've been looking at the picture for a while and man that magazine release looks HUGE

nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    i got a gen 4 g22 at fort liberty for 529 plus tax best price imo.i was thinking about the rtf but i got to thinking after a steel shoot my hand would prob be hamburger,but i finally got to shoot it i absolutly loved it . very accurate.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I recently got a G17 gen4 with NS for $540 + tax, I like it a lot. the grip texture can get anoying during a long range day but for hot days it does its job very well, 200rds with no problems.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I have one and love it. It's the glock that brought me back to glock. The grip is awesome and sure. The mag release is awesome and my G17 is damn soft shooter. Try one out!

Top Bottom