• ...and so much more!
  • Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Why do I keep seeing these ads....

Brand New hard to find Glock (whatever) for sale, Gen 4 $600!
    What they dont tell you is they bought it at the local shop for 515-550....
    Is anyone else noticing this ALOT lately?

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida

I have sold used Glocks all day, walking the floor at gun shows for $500.

As long as they keep paying in hundreds I'll keep selling them! :)

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    It's kind of like american currency. The dollar is worth a dollar because we believe it is, even though we know it really isn't. (well, some of us know). A lot of economics at this point is just blind faith.

If a Glock has a price tag of 600 bucks, it must be worth 600 bucks. So thinketh John Q. Consumer.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Ever see two gas stations across from each other, one is $.10 higher than the other, yet people are still buying their gas?

Depends on which one is on the right side of the road. Studies suggest that folks will pay more for gas in exchange for the convenience of turning right onto the street as opposed to left upon leaving the gas station.

Useless Trivia Fact #433

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A lot of sheeple are getting on the firearm bandwagon and are available to be eaten by the wolves on the prowl. It is no different than the Harley craze that hi tthe country in the mid 90's. They want it bad, you got what they want and they will pay for it.....a lot just to get in the game.
    I have sold a piece in the classifieds and swear I see it the next day in another forum at a substantial mark up.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    would you pay an extra.. say.. 10 bucks to not wait in line / fill out the 4473 or whichever the numbers are, wait on the phone call, save yourself the tax? im not saying straw purchases / whatever. btw.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    would you pay an extra.. say.. 10 bucks to not wait in line / fill out the 4473 or whichever the numbers are, wait on the phone call, save yourself the tax? im not saying straw purchases / whatever. btw.

HeHeHe...not for a Glock...........:D

Yes, I would if it was something I really wanted.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    HeHeHe...not for a Glock...........:D

Yes, I would if it was something I really wanted.

exactly. people are more often than not looking for a utilitarian firearm at one point or another. and we all know how much we love instant gratification. regardless of how much it costs.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Come on guys, we all know that new people (new to guns) are getting involved everyday. Just look at some of the welcome aboard threads.

The guys in the classifieds are hoping to snag people that are not familiar with the going price for guns. Some of the new people are intimidated by the gun stores groupies etc. and end looking for guns on the classifieds. These people are the targets some listing on the classifieds are hoping to snag. That has a lot to do with it.

When I list something I always list if for $50 more than I want. Because its seems like everyone here wants to talk you down regardless of the price you list for. That also plays a small part also.

Last edited by a moderator:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell

I know a couple people that will not buy a new gun from a FFL because they do not want their name attached to any firearm with the paper work so they only by used guns. Some people may be willing to pay a little extra for this.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    A lot of sheeple are getting on the firearm bandwagon and are available to be eaten by the wolves on the prowl. It is no different than the Harley craze that hi tthe country in the mid 90's. They want it bad, you got what they want and they will pay for it.....a lot just to get in the game.
    I have sold a piece in the classifieds and swear I see it the next day in another forum at a substantial mark up.

Still have it! Not for sale!:D

Top Bottom