• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ram77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    I currently have an XDS 9 4.0 and I love he gun however I need something with a smaller barrel for appendex carry. I usually pinch my vital man parts when sitting down with the 4 inch barrel. I also need to get my wife a 9mm and she likes my XDS so I'll probably give her that. I love the XDS platform but a good amount of friends have the 43 and it seems to be a solid weapon as well. I also really like the sig P938 a lot and I am considering that since I am getting rid of my 1911. Any feedback or opinions on these would be appreciated. Thanks!

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    The XDS is a great firearm and shooter. If you already love the 4" model, the 3.3" model just makes sense. I've had both the 9 and 45, and loved them both, much more than the Shield in 9 or 40. I currently carry the Glock 43, as I am a fan of Glocks. However, use experience and personal preference in your decision making, as opposed to what someone else's opinion is.

ram77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    Iguess the XDS would make most sense. What's your opinion on the safety system with glock over the XDS just curious. Someone told me recently the safety on the trigger isn't good compared to the XDS model. Also @seldon I'm curious as to why the 938 would be last on your list?

Tapout4892

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2016
    New Albany
    I have a 938 and I absolutely love it. Mine is the bitone with hogue grips. Feels great shoots great as well. I've had the xds in 9 and 45. And have gotten rid of them for the 938 instead. You wouldn't go wrong with the 938. It's super easy to carry you hardly know it's there.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Iguess the XDS would make most sense. What's your opinion on the safety system with glock over the XDS just curious. Someone told me recently the safety on the trigger isn't good compared to the XDS model. Also @seldon I'm curious as to why the 938 would be last on your list?

Still a good gun, but least reliable, worst aftermarket, thumb safety, and most expensive.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I have a 938 and I absolutely love it. Mine is the bitone with hogue grips. Feels great shoots great as well. I've had the xds in 9 and 45. And have gotten rid of them for the 938 instead. You wouldn't go wrong with the 938. It's super easy to carry you hardly know it's there.

While it is true that a gun you don't carry is one that does you no good, being super easy to carry should not be your main criteria for selecting a self defense firearm.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I took a hard look at all the options that you are mentioning, the 938 was totally out of the question as don't carry anything with a safety. XDS is a great shooter but a tad heavy for my specific use, in the end the G43 is light and I can shoot it just as good so I went with the G43.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Of the three, I only have experience with the 938, but it's been a great experience. I love the thing. The Sig 938 gives me a good, easy to shoot 9mm pistol that's small enough for pocket carry.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I currently have an XDS 9 4.0 and I love he gun however I need something with a smaller barrel for appendex carry. I usually pinch my vital man parts when sitting down with the 4 inch barrel. I also need to get my wife a 9mm and she likes my XDS so I'll probably give her that. I love the XDS platform but a good amount of friends have the 43 and it seems to be a solid weapon as well. I also really like the sig P938 a lot and I am considering that since I am getting rid of my 1911. Any feedback or opinions on these would be appreciated. Thanks!

What holster are you using for appendix carry? I ask, because I have been experimenting with appendix carrying my Glock 17, and found that it's very comfortable.

With the right holster and belt, you are never limited on the size of the gun.

Actually, I have found that carrying my Glock 17 AIWB, is easier than carrying my Glock 26.

ram77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    I am using either a remora holster or a leather holster. my buddy has been telling me to get an SOB manswag condom holster which I need to do but haven't wanted to drop the coin lol. I have put his glock 43 with that holster on and you can barely feel it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I am using either a remora holster or a leather holster. my buddy has been telling me to get an SOB manswag condom holster which I need to do but haven't wanted to drop the coin lol. I have put his glock 43 with that holster on and you can barely feel it.

There's your problem. Before you buy a new gun, buy a quality holster instead, get rid of the crap holster. And stay away from Small Of The Back holsters.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Have been running my G43 with Taran Tactical +2 and +3 in my spare for a few months now with no problems.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    The only one I can talk about is the Sig 938. I like mine but the safety is harder to move than the 1911's I carry. At 45 yards it shoots low but groups the rounds in a paper pie plate. The trigger is good but is 7 3/4 pounds, I thought it was only 5 pounds. It shoots better for me with the 7 round mag than the 6 round ones. It looks like a 1911 but the trigger is on a pivet. I do shoot it better than my Glock 17 gen 1. With over 500 rounds it runs like a high dollor 1911. It is priced high and exter mags cost. I think you only get one mag with the new ones now. I would rebuy it.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I started off with a 3.3" XDS, really liked the gun. Only got rid of it because glock finally came out with the 43. Got the 43 and as much as I hate to admit it, I hated it. Ended up replacing it with a shield and put an apex in it and it's been love ever since.

ram77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    Welp! I bought the Sig 938 I am hoping to make it to the range tomorrow to shoot. I got the equinox model and it's a sweet little gun. Even the the right handed holster it came with will work perfect for me cause I'm a lefty and carry iwb. I'll post after I shoot

Top Bottom