• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My wife shot her G42 today with reloads loaded to nearly the max load. I normally use Bullseye but the Lee "Modern Reloading 2nd Edition didn't show any loads for Bullseye. It did show 2.7 Gr of IMR 700X as the max load for the 100 Gr plated Berrys Bullets. I loaded them to 2.6 Gr.

I put together about 100 rounds and headed out to the range after church today to try the G42. Not one single round would eject. I thought their might be an issue with the loads so I tried them in a LCP, TCP and a Bersa Thunder. They functioned flawlessly with no issues. The G42 has a dual spring that requires quite a bit of effort for my wife to eject the rounds manually. It is very difficult to release the slide stop release with your thumb.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I'm sorry to hear that, it is sure not the range trip you wanted with a new gun I'm sure. Did you get anything at all to run through it correctly? How many rounds did you try total before giving up?

Interesting that they all worked fine in the other guns though, seems as if it's a 42 only problem. :/

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My buddy was there with his wife and gave me six rounds to try and they shot fine. It was ball ammo as well. I realized that I had a Duh moment when I was typing the other post because I didn't ask him what the ammo was that he gave me :dunno:

I sent him a text but didn't get a reply so I didn't mention it on the other post.

I was shooting my new G41 on one lane, my wife was on another shooting the G42 and my buddy was on the third lane so it was a little busy.

She shot about 70 round through the G42 and had to manually eject every round. I had her keep doing it as practice clearing the weapon.

Top Bottom