• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I have all three 45s that Glock makes. I like the 36 best, well it is the one that is with me the most. The 21 is just way to big to carry concealed. The 30 is just to wide and heavy to carry everyday. So the 36 gets the nod and I have had no problems from it. It has little recoil and it's a very accurate hand gun. I can't see getting rid of it. I have a 1911 and like it but it isn't small enough to carry well in less it's in a shoulder holster. I also have problems with the grip safety. You just can't always use a shoulder holster. All the Gocks are great getting into action, no safeties to fool with, just sight and pull the trigger. I did get the + 1 and + 0 mag caps to give my hand more room on the grip. That really helped me with control and comfort with the 36.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

I forgot to mention, that G41 you have in the case... :drool:

That was the first time I picked up a full sized Glock .45 and loved the way it felt. The Gen4 grip combined with the balance the longer barrel gives it just feels awesome. I have a feeling I will have to have one eventually. You may just make a Glock guy outta me yet.

Thanks everyone for your input! I have the 36 on hold at Bradis. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can pick it up and then get out and do some shooting. After that I will post up a range report and begin the task of searching for a holster.

P.S.
    Shooter521, don't forget about me when the EXO 17s become available. Damn I am becoming a Glock guy.

Last edited:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I bought one new a couple years ago and read the same kind of reviews that are posted here. I thought, "Surely all the kinks have been worked out." Wrong! I had several FTF and FTE in the first 100 rounds. It did this with 230 Gold Dots, 230 HSTs, 230 Rangers and Winchester white box. That kind of failure rate is unacceptable for a carry gun. I sold it on INGO with full disclosure to the buyer. He said he had had several and knew their history but liked them anyway.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I believed you and still do. Otherwise I wouldn't have put it in layaway. ;) I just like getting as many opinions as possible on a new piece of gear.

You'll Hate it, better give it to me ;) , limp wristing has Never been a problem for me. :yesway:

I've owned and carried several Glocks. The G36 was my personal favorite. I'll add a 41 if the opportunity avails itself.

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have always wanted to shoot one but no such luck yet. :( I enjoy Glock's in 45 but have none at the moment, I also gave up 45 last year. Tough not going back with threads like this!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You'll Hate it, better give it to me ;) I'm looking for a second, limp wristing has Never been a problem for me. :yesway:

I've owned and carried the 21, 30, 30S and the 36. The G36 is my personal favorite. I'll add a 41 when the opportunity avails itself.

Glad to hear it!

G41! :drool: No kidding it was that good. I have never liked Glocks in .45 but DAMN! the 41 feels niiiice.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Part 2 of Hickok45's review of the 36.

[video=youtube_share;qprvXMVGqGw]http://youtu.be/qprvXMVGqGw[/video]

Watching the video it seems he has the most commonly reported problem on the 36 which is the slide failing to lock back on an empty mag. In the first video he has the problem with only one mag but in this one it seems like 3 mags cause the issue. Which makes me wonder if it is a grip issue in the second video. Maybe accidentally riding the slide stop?

Cannonfodder333

Shooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I have a g36 and love it! I also have a 30s...I carry the 36 more just because it's so much more thinner you really feel the difference. I was fortunate enough to find my 36 with a factory OD green frame!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just ordered a couple extra mags and some Pearce +0 grip extensions. I'm looking forward to, hopefully, picking up my 36 this weekend.

I also ordered the Scherer Slugplug for the G36. Which was also a very highly recommended upgrade for the G36 but it wasn't easy to find because apparently Scherer discontinued it. Found one (not kidding 1, as in the last one) listed on eBay and picked it up for $7.25.

Ruspath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I had a Glock 36. I loved the grip for average size hands, accurate, recoil no problem. Not a small gun though thinner than other Glocks. I was nervous buying it, and my malfunction failure to extract was on the video where the guy sued Glock and won. The case would extract halfway pinning the next round underneath. You need two hands to clear as the mag would not extract unless the slide was pulled back to take pressure off. Different mags, different ammo..... As to limp writing, it seems that is used anytime a Glock malfunctions. Experienced, no limp writing with any other handgun compacts, sub compacts, full size ,Glocks. If you get a good one, great. I have 20 year old gen 1 26 4000 rounds no problem.

I think Glock is getting sloppy with QC. GLOCK 23 brass hit me in the face Gen 4, glock 36 never ran "like a glock". Frustrating with their reputation, and they are not cheap. They are different in design from the others and many posts out there as warnings. I switched to P series Sigs and have never looked back. Not meaning to trash a model, but I am out the loss on the trade in with too many wasted trips to the range with the 36.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I had a Glock 36. I loved the grip for average size hands, accurate, recoil no problem. Not a small gun though thinner than other Glocks. I was nervous buying it, and my malfunction failure to extract was on the video where the guy sued Glock and won. The case would extract halfway pinning the next round underneath. You need two hands to clear as the mag would not extract unless the slide was pulled back to take pressure off. Different mags, different ammo..... As to limp writing, it seems that is used anytime a Glock malfunctions. Experienced, no limp writing with any other handgun compacts, sub compacts, full size ,Glocks. If you get a good one, great. I have 20 year old gen 1 26 4000 rounds no problem.

I think Glock is getting sloppy with QC. GLOCK 23 brass hit me in the face Gen 4, glock 36 never ran "like a glock". Frustrating with their reputation, and they are not cheap. They are different in design from the others and many posts out there as warnings. I switched to P series Sigs and have never looked back. Not meaning to trash a model, but I am out the loss on the trade in with too many wasted trips to the range with the 36.

It seems with every thread I find online about the 36 there are about 6 to one good reviews to bad ones. And most recent reports are positive on them. I kinda like my chances of getting a "good one" nowadays based on my research.

Like I said only one way to find out. ;) Besides I know a place that has a few Glock armorers on staff that should, hopefully, beable to help me out IF I do have trouble.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Holster wise the 36 and 19 are very close dimensionally. Had one years ago and compared it to the 19 and thought 16rnds to 7 or sight options are greater with the 19. The 45/10mm sights wont work with the 36.

Ruspath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    It seems with every thread I find online about the 36 there are about 6 to one good reviews to bad ones. And most recent reports are positive on them. I kinda like my chances of getting a "good one" nowadays based on my research.

Like I said only one way to find out. ;) Besides I know a place that has a few Glock armorers on staff that should, hopefully, beable to help me out IF I do have trouble.

Go for it if you please sir. I will tell you when it worked I was one with the gun. I thought it was THE ONE. perfect size, went where I wanted it to. Push instead of a snap with the 23. Seems like there are always bad posts with any gun, and I take them with a grain of salt, it's just for me my G36 was not to be. Decided on a different platform that's all. Nice we have so many options now.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Go for it if you please sir..

I am just the type that has to find things out for myself. I may ask a thousand questions, but then usually just do what I was planning on doing to begin with. Didn't mean to make light of your experience and I'm sorry you had a bad one but it does seem like the positive reviews outweigh the negative by a wide margin. It is very nice we live in what I honestly believe to be the glory days of gun ownership. With so many options to choose from it seem like there is a gun for every type of person. Hopefully these days continue for a very long time.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The 45/10mm sights wont work with the 36.

Meprolight says they will.
    Meprolight, Glock

Glock Tru-Dot® Night Sight
    TD fixed 10 mm & .45 ACP

Get the Meprolight® Advantage :

Unequaled Low Light Performance
    Brightest Night Sights Available Today
    Used by Military & Law Enforcement
    All Tru-Dot® sights are covered by a 12 years usable illumination warranty to original purchaser.

The ML - 10222 family of sights is meant to fit the 10mm and .45 ACP pistols. These are the G20,21,29,30 and 36 pistols . This set is not for the G-37 IN.45 Gap Caliber.

Top Bottom